Ashton & Parsons Infants' Powders - 30 Sachets
See details below, always read the label
Active ingredients: 0.002ml of Matricaria tincture
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 21 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Ashton & Parsons Teething Powders have been traditionally used to help soothe the symptoms of teething pain for over 150 years
Our award-winning* Teething Powders are a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the symptomatic relief of teething pain and the symptoms associated with teething which are sore and tender gums, flushed cheeks and dribbling, exclusively based on long-standing use as a traditional remedy.
They are still used by families across the UK as a natural, traditional remedy used to help soothe babies’ teething pain
*Made for Mums 2021 - Bronze Award - Teething Remedies
Teething babies and infants over 3 months of age.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use
- Not recommended for use in babies under 3 months
- For use in teething infants only
- Infants aged 3-6 months: Use a teaspoon to give the powder. Half the contents of one sachet in the morning and the other half in the evening. The sachet should be divided in half by emptying half the contents onto the teaspoon and retaining the other half in the sachet
- Infants over 6 months: One sachet in the morning and one sachet in the evening
- Do not exceed the stated dose. If symptoms persist for more than 7 days, speak to your doctor. If you give your child more than you should, it may cause diarrhoea. If this happens, stop using this medicine and speak to your doctor or pharmacist
- Always read the label
- For oral short term use only.
- Method of administration: Oral use.
- This product is only intended for use in teething infants.
- Children aged over 6 months: One powder, dry on the tongue, night and morning
- Children aged 3-6 months: Half a powder, taken as above
- If the child is very restless, the dose may be repeated every 1, 2 or 3 hours if necessary until improvement occurs. The maximum dose is 6 doses in 24 hours.
- This product is not recommended for use in babies under 3 months old.
Hazards and Cautions
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .Possible side effects: allergic reaction which may include rash, tongue sores
- Please keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- If symptoms worsen or persist after 7 days of using this product, a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted
- Do not use if your child is allergic to tincture of matricaria, lactose or to plants of the Asteraceae/Compositae family such as daisies, marigolds or artichokes
- Do not use if your child has an intolerance to some sugars, unless your doctor tells you to ( this medicine contains lactose).
Warning: this medicine may cause an allergic reaction or make existing conditions worse in children who suffer from allergic type conditions ( e.g asthma)
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°
- This product has a shelf life of 36 months unopened
- Use by the expiry date on the sachet/carton (EXP)
- Do not use this medicine if before first use you find the end seals are broken
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Tincture of matricaria (Matricaria recutitaL.) flower.
Active Ingredient: Each sachet contains powder impregnated with 0.002ml of the active ingredient tincture of matricaria (Matricaria recutitaL.) flower.
Also contains: lactose. Extraction solvent: Ethanol 70% v/v.