Corporate Hepatitis B Vaccine Service
Who is this service for?
Anyone who’s exposed to blood or bodily fluids as part of their job, should be protected against Hepatitis B. The Boots Corporate Hepatitis B Vaccination Service is the convenient way to help protect you and your employees.
The benefits of using our service
- No need to disrupt the working day with a vaccination clinic at work
- Flexible payment either by company credit card or invoice*
- Buy e-vouchers via our simple online ordering system
- An online appointment booking system for employees
- Over 300 Boots stores** offering vaccination appointments
- Ideal for mobile and field-based employees or those working at multiple sites
*Invoice is offered for customers that place an order for a minimum of £1000
**Participating stores only
What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B is a viral infection that causes serious liver disease. Spread through blood and other bodily fluids, symptoms include a high temperature, yellowing of the skin (jaundice), stomach pains, diarrhoea and a loss of appetite. The best way to help protect against Hepatitis B is to complete a vaccination course and stay up-to-date with any boosters and additional doses.
How can we help protect your employees against Hepatitis B?
Anyone working in healthcare, laboratories, care homes, waste disposal, police, fire or rescue services as well as prison and immigration centres, are at an increased risk of contracting Hepatitis B. The Hepatitis B vaccination is a course of three injections over six months which helps protect against the virus.
An accelerated course is also available given over two months with a fourth dose at 12 months if required.
HOW IT WORKS
Prices start from just £38.50 per dose
- If you’re buying for 1 to 19 people, e-vouchers are £132 each (£44 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 20 to 49 people, e-vouchers are £128.70 each (£42.90 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 50 to 99 people, e-vouchers are £125.40 each (£41.80 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 100 to 149 people, e-vouchers are £122.10 each (£40.70 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 150 to 199 people, e-vouchers are £118.80 each (£39.60 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 200+ people, e-vouchers are £115.50 each (£38.50 per dose)
- Voucher price is determined by the cumulative volume purchased within a 12 month rolling period.
- Prices are based on a standard three course.
Is a blood test needed after the vaccination?
When the vaccination course is complete, an immunity blood test is needed to check whether you or your employees are now protected against the virus. This blood test should be taken one to four months after the last vaccination. Depending on the result, another dose of the vaccine may be required. Medichecks have a number of immunity testing options from at-home testing kits to on-site phlebotomy clinics. You can order a home blood testing kit or arrange for an onsite visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you order a finger prick test kit, your employees can provide a blood sample in the comfort of their own home and send this off in the post. A doctor’s report is included with the test which you can opt out of, if it isn’t needed. The results are available to the employee via an online portal within two to three days of the sample arriving at the laboratory. Employees can download a PDF of their results to share with their employer if required.
Visit www.medichecks.com/BootsHepB for more information on immunity testing.
Frequently asked questions
No, the service is exempt from VAT.
Unfortunately, once e-vouchers are purchased they're non-refundable.
Yes, they’re able to have the booster but would need to provide and show the results of an antibody test at their appointment.
No, we’re unable to complete a partial course and they should be referred back to their original provider. If they don’t want to go back to them, they can start a new Hepatitis B Vaccination Course with Boots.
They’ll only need to have an immunity check if they think they’ve completed a full Hepatitis B Vaccination Course previously. The test result will then tell them whether they have sufficient immunity, no immunity or if they require an additional dose.
Employers can purchase the test kits or arrange an on-site visit by contacting email@example.com. The following options are available:
Voucher code - finger prick test
Receive unique voucher codes to distribute to your employees. Employee orders test through Medichecks.com and receives results through a secure portal
Bulk kit order - finger prick test
Medichecks send finger test kits to the employer to distribute to employees. Employee uses a code on the kit to link themselves to the kit. They receive their results through a secure portal
Nurse onsite - Venous test
Medichecks will arrange a nurse to come on-site to offer a phlebotomy service for your employees. Employees can book an appointment through the Medichecks booking system
It takes two working days to get the antibody test results which are sent to the employee through a secure portal.
- The Boots Corporate Hepatitis B Vaccination Service is provided by specially trained Pharmacists in over 300 Boots stores across the UK, subject to store opening times and stock availability
- The service is available for people aged 16 and over, subject to eligibility criteria and Pharmacist consultation
- The e-vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date order is placed
- We may undertake a credit check
- Once purchased, e-vouchers are non-refundable. They cannot be redeemed for cash and have no cash value