Corporate Pneumonia Vaccination Service
The benefits of using our service
- Available in over 2,000 Boots pharmacies
- Virtually administration-free service
- Employees won't need to claim back expenses
- Competitive and discounted prices
- Easy and convenient online ordering
What is pneumonia?
Pneumonia is an infection, which anyone can catch, that can cause serious illness and even death. It affects around one in 100* adults in the UK each year and is most common in autumn and winter.
Pneumonia is caused by an infection that irritates the lungs, causing them to become inflamed and swell up with fluid. The most common cause of pneumonia is an infection due to bacteria called Streptococcus pneumoniae, also known as pneumococcus. It can be spread from person to person through coughing and sneezing.
How we can help protect your employees against pneumonia?
The Boots Pneumonia Vaccination Service provides long-lasting protection against 13 of the most common strains of Streptococcus pneumonia bacteria.
People who smoke, those with other health conditions (such as asthma, or a kidney or liver condition) or have recently had flu are more at risk.* With recovery time taking up to three months,* you may wish to consider protecting your employees, particularly those who travel abroad to destinations with high levels of pneumococcal infections, such as India, China and Vietnam**.
**Streptococcus pneumoniae cases in 2015. Adapted from VIEW-hub from the International Vaccine Access Center
How it works
How will my employees get their vaccination?
- Purchase your e-vouchers online
- Tell us the names of your employees who will be using your e-vouchers
- We send the personalised e-vouchers out by email or text message (or you have the option to print them out)
- Employee makes an appointment with a participating Boots pharmacy (online or in store)
- Pharmacist accepts the e-voucher and provides a pneumonia vaccination at no cost to the employee. (Subject to store opening times, stock, pharmacist availability and patient eligibility)
- 1-4 e-vouchers = £68
- 5-9 e-vouchers = £67
- 10-19 e-vouchers = £66
- 20-49 e-vouchers = £65
If you would like to purchase 50 e-vouchers or more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your pricing options.
Help to protect your employees further by signing up to our Corporate Flu Vaccination Service. With each flu e-voucher you purchase, you’ll receive £3 off each pneumonia e-voucher you buy.
You'll need to sign up to make an order. Already have an account? Log in here.