Please register your interest to receive updates about the programme and the other services we offer.
Who is this service for?
The Corporate Diphtheria, Tetanus & Polio (DTP) Vaccination Service offers protection for employees over 16 years who may be exposed to diphtheria, tetanus and polio in their work or studies. Diphtheria and polio are extremely rare in the UK however there may be a risk of exposure to tetanus in some occupations. This includes anyone working in healthcare, a laboratory, waste disposal, police, fire or rescue services, as well as prison and immigration centres.
The benefits of using our service
• Buy e-vouchers via our simple online ordering system
• Flexible payment either by company credit card or invoice*
• No need for a vaccination clinic at work that disrupts the working day
• Employees can book appointments online
• Employees can choose to have the vaccination at one of over 150 Boots stores** nationwide
• Ideal for mobile and field-based employees or those working at multiple sites
What is diphtheria?
Diphtheria is a serious bacterial infection that can affect the nose, throat, and sometimes the skin. It’s highly contagious and is spread through coughs and sneezes, or by being in close contact with someone who's infected. The best way to protect against diphtheria is to be vaccinated against it. Diphtheria is rare in the UK but there's a small risk of catching it while travelling in some parts of the world. If employees are travelling abroad to risk areas, they should make sure they’re protected against diseases prevalent in that country.
What is tetanus?
Tetanus is a serious but rare disease caused by bacteria entering the body through a wound. Found in soil and animal manure, tetanus bacteria can release a toxin that affects the nervous system.
What is polio?
Polio is a serious v