Philips Lumea IPL Hair Removal 8000 Series - Hair Removal Device with SenseIQ Technology, 4 Attachments (BRI949/00)
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 1017 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Discover Philips Lumea: the No1. Brand in IPL* and enjoy 12 months of hair-free smooth skin**
• Lumea is the No1 Brand in IPL*worldwide and Europe, as chosen already by 4.5 million women
• The most effective IPL***: Lumea IPL prevents hair regrowth for you to enjoy 12 months of hair-free smooth skin**, and up to 92% hair reduction in as little as 3 treatments on legs****
• Fast Treatment: Treat only every two weeks for the first 6 weeks (vs. weekly of other brands), then touch up monthly to maintain the results.
• Personalised IPL solution: SenseIQ technology detects your skin tone and indicates a comfortable light setting for you, while the free Lumea coaching app takes you through your sessions step by step
• Say goodbye to ingrown hairs and stubble*****, thanks to slower re-growth and less frequent shaving.
• Expert IPL technology at-home, developed with dermatologists
• Includes 4 attachments for Body, Face, Bikini and Underarms with pen trimmer
• Suitable for a wide variety of hair and skin types
How does Philips Lumea work?
Philips Lumea uses an innovative light-based technology called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to break the cycle of hair regrowth. Lumea applies gentle pulses of light to the hair root, putting the follicle into a resting phase. Consequently, the amount of hair your body grows gradually decreases. Repeating the treatment leaves your skin beautifully hair free and touchably smooth. Treatment to prevent hair regrowth is safe and gentle, even on sensitive areas. Philips Lumea is clinically tested and developed with dermatologists for easy and effective treatment, from the comfort of your own home.
Objective studies show up to 92% hair reduction in as little as 3 treatments****. The first 4 treatments must be carried out every 2 weeks, after which you should already be able to see the desired results. To maintain your results, simply touch up every 4 weeks. After just 8 touch up treatments you can be hair-free for 12 months**
Suitable Hair and Skin Types
Philips Lumea 8000 Series works effectively, easily and safely on a wide variety of hair and skin types. It works on naturally dark blonde, brown and black colored hairs and on skin tones from very white to dark brown. As with other IPL based treatments, Philips Lumea cannot be used to treat white / grey, light blonde or red hair and is not suitable for very dark skin. This is due to the high contrast required between the pigment in hair color and pigment in the skin tone. With the 100 days money back guarantee, try it! If Lumea is not suited to your skin and hair type, Philips has a range of epilators, lady shavers and trimmers that could keep your skin hair-free for days or weeks!
- Senses - Lumea’s SmartSkin sensor detects your skin tone and indicates the most comfortable light setting for you
- Adapts - Intelligent attachments adapt programs tailored for each body area.
- Cares - Co-developed with dermatologists and inspired by you for gentle, long-lasting hair removal, even on sensitive areas
Download the free Lumea App
The Lumea App helps you create your personalised treatment schedule, with reminders, tips and advice during each treatment to achieve long-lasting results.
Treatment of Body Areas
Your body is unique. And its skin, curves and contours should be treated uniquely too. Lumea’s total-body attachments are shaped to perfectly fit every curve and will adapt programs tailored to each body area. Treatment windows are designed to maximise contact with your skin to ensure light doesn't escape, enabling effective and gentle treatments even on delicate or sensitive areas.
Specialised Treatment of Different Body Areas
• Body attachment with curved-in design
• Precision face attachment with extra filter
• Bikini attachment for extra comfort
• Underarm attachment for hard-to-reach areas
Treat both lower legs in 8.5 mins, 2 min armpits, 2 min bikini, 1.5 min face
The intelligent body attachment has our largest treatment window at 4.1cm2 so it's perfect for a fast treatment on larger body areas like legs, arms and stomach. The curved design closely follows your body's contours for maximum skin contact. Just ‘click-on’ the attachment and it will adapt a tailored program specifically for your body area.
The face attachment has been thoughtfully designed to have a small, flat 2 cm2 window so you can effectively and gently treat hair on your face. Ideal for your upper lip, chin or jawline and sideburns, the attachment also has an extra filter integrated within. When added to the device, the intelligent attachment automatically adapts the light treatment for your face.
The intelligent bikini attachment will adapt a tailored program specifically for that area. It has an optimal 3 cm2 window with a transparent filter for extra comfort and the curved design compliments your body's contours for maximum contact, efficiency and comfort.
Specially designed to treat hard-to-reach underarm areas, the intelligent underarm attachment is medium-sized with a 3 cm2 window. When the attachment is clicked on to the device it adapts a tailored program for your underarm area.
Also suitable for men
(Lumea IPL is not recommended for use on male facial hair or genital areas)
Philips Lumea 8000 SeriesBRI949/00 is designed for corded use - just plug the device into the mains and start your treatment.
* Source: Market leader research institute, retail value MAT March 2022, per IPL category
** Median hair reductions after 12 treatments: 86% on lower legs, 70% on bikini, 67% on armpits
*** Average result 58% hair reduction after 12 treatments
**** When following the treatment schedule, individual results may vary
***** Study conducted in 2017, in Germany, with 77 participants. At 5 weeks 58% and 52% agree with the statements, respectively