Nurofen for Children 3 months to 9 years Strawberry 100mg/5ml Oral Suspension - 100ml
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: For babies and children 3 months and over weighing more than 5kg, to 9 years.
Active ingredients: Ibuprofen
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Sugar Free & Colour Free
NUROFEN FOR CHILDREN 3 MONTHS TO 9 YEARS STRAWBERRY
is an oral ibuprofen suspension for babies and children aged from 3 months to 9 years.
Reduces temperature (including fever caused by immunisation)
Relieves symptoms of cold and flu
For the relief of mild to moderate pain such as:
- sore throats
- minor aches
For babies and children 3 months and over weighing more than 5kg, to 9 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For oral and short-term use only. Shake the bottle well before use.
Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately.
NOT SUITABLE for children under 3 months of age or weighing less than 5kg.
FEVER CAUSED BY IMMUNISATION:
Babies and children 3 months and over Weighing more than 5kg - One 2.5ml dose if necessary give second 2.5ml dose 6hrs later
Do not give more than 2 doses in a 24 hour period. If the fever is not reduced, consult your doctor.
FEVER, PAIN AND SYMPTOMS OF COLD AND FLU:
3-6 months weighing over 5kg - One 2.5ml dose 3 times a day.
Do not use for more than 24 hours. If symptoms persist after 24 hours or worsen, consult your doctor.
6 - 12 months - One 2.5ml dose 3 or 4 times in 24 hrs
1 - 3 years - One 5ml dose 3 times in 24 hrs
4 - 6 years - One 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hrs
7 - 9 years - One 10ml (5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hrs
Doses should be given every 6 - 8 hours.
Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
Do not take more than the recommended dose in 24 hours. For children above 6 months, if symptoms persist after 3 days or worsen, consult your doctor.
WARNING: Do not take more medicine than the label tells you to.
Hazards and Cautions
DO NOT GIVE THIS PRODUCT IF YOUR CHILD:
- is under 3 months old or weighs less than 5kg
- has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- has a fructose intolerance
- has or had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems or are dehydrated, or has chicken pox.
- trying to get pregnant
- being elderly
- being a smoker
Do not store above 25°c.
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active ingredient: Each 5ml of oral suspension contains 100mg ibuprofen.
Also contains: Maltitol Liquid. See leaflet for further information.