See details below, always read the label.
Women aged 16 years and over
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Age restricted product
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 32 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Hana FOR USE BY WOMEN TO PREVENT PREGNANCY
Women aged 16 years and over
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
Read the package leaflet for further information and before use.
How to take: Oral use. Take 1 tablet at the same time every day without a break between packs.
Speak to your pharmacist before taking if you:
- have recently taken or are taking any other medicines or herbal remedies or have taken emergency contraception within the last 5 days
- have ever had breast cancer or a blood clot (thrombosis)
- have liver cancer or other liver disorders
- have diabetes or high blood pressure
Tell your pharmacist about any changes to your health or bleeding patterns since the last supply, and any medicines you are taking or have recently taken.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not take if you:
- have or are suspected of having a sex-steroid sensitive cancer (e.g breast cancer)
- have a blood clot in the legs (thrombosis) or lungs (pulmonary embolism)
- have or have had jaundice or severe liver disease
- have unexplained vaginal bleeding between your periods, or if you repeatedly have bleeding after sex
- are allergic to desogestrel or to any of the other ingredients in Hana
- are pregnant or think you may be pregnant
Talk to your doctor or family planning nurse if any of these apply to you.
Do not store above 30°C.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
This is a medicine;
• Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
• Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or suffer from allergies
Active Ingredient: Each tablet contains 75 microgram desogestrel.
Also contains: lactose.
See enclosed leaflet for further information.