Corsodyl Gum Disease Treatment Mouthwash Chlorhexidine 0.2% Mint 300ml
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children.
Active Ingredients: Chlorhexidine digluconate.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 24 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
The active ingredient of Corsodyl Mouthwash is chlorhexidine digluconate which is an antibacterial agent that reduces the formation of dental plaque and is used to:
- Treats & prevent gum disease (where gums may bleed when brushed)
- Promotes gum healing after dental surgery or treatment
- Controls mouth ulcers
- Maintains mouth hygiene
- Manage oral thrush & denture sore mouth
Adults and children.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the product information before use.
Use only if seal on cap is present and intact before opening.
Use twice a day. Fill the cap to 10ml line. Rinse mouth thoroughly for 1 minute then spit out.
Gum disease: A one month course (600ml) is recommended.
Mouth ulcers & oral thrush: Continue to use for 2 days after healing has occurred.
Denture sore mouth: Clean & soak your dentures in Corsodyl for 15 minutes twice a day.
Dental Surgery: Rinse as directed by your dentist
Contains alcohol. If swallowed by a child seek medical help.
Do not swallow and do not use more mouthwash than the label tells you to.
Toothpastes can stop Corsodyl from working. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and wait 5 minutes after brushing your teeth before using Corsodyl. You can also use the mouthwash at a different time of day.
If your symptoms persist, see your dentist.
Hazards and Cautions
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other ingredients (see storage and further information).
- In children under 12 years unless recommended by a dentist.
- Anywhere other than in your mouth. Wash thoroughly if you get any in your eyes or ears.
- Immediately after brushing your teeth. See usage instructions for more details.
- Temporary staining of the teeth and tongue may occur. See possible side effects for more information.
- Do not bleach fabrics that have been in contact with the mouthwash.
- You can use Corsodyl if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Corsodyl can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
- Stop using the mouthwash and seek immediate medical help if you get a rash, swelling of the mouth or face or have difficulty breathing. These effects may be symptoms of a severe allergic reaction which is very rare.
- Stop using the mouthwash and tell your dentist if you get irritation of the mouth, soreness or swelling of the inside of the cheeks.
- These effects should go away when treatment is stopped.
- Temporary staining of the tongue. This disappears when treatment is stopped
- Temporary staining of the teeth. This can normally be removed by brushing. You can avoid staining by not drinking tea, coffee or red wine - especially one hour after use, and by brushing daily with toothpaste (see usage instructions.) If staining continues it can be removed with a scale and polish from your dentist or hygienist. You can clean your dentures with denture cleaners
- You may notice a change of taste or burning sensation when you first use the mouthwash. This usually goes away with continued use.
- If peeling of the skin inside the mouth occurs, dilute Corsodyl with an equal amount of water
Do not use after the 'EXP' date shown on the pack.
Do not store above 25ºC.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.2& w/v.
Active Ingredient: Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.2& w/v.
Other Ingredients: Ethanol 7% v/v, Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate, Sorbitol, Peppermint Oil and Water. Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate may cause skin reactions.