Boots Constipation Relief Suppositories - 12 x 4g
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children over 12 years
Active ingredient: Glycerol
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
This medicine contains Glycerol, which belongs to a group of medicines called laxatives, which act to increase bowel movements and relieve occasional constipation. For adults.
Adults and children over 12 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
How to use this medicine
Check the blister is not broken before use. If it is, do not use that suppository.
Wash hands thoroughly before and after inserting the suppository. Remove the protective film. Moisten the suppository with water and insert deep into the rectum.
Adults: Gently insert one moistened suppository deep into the rectum as required.
Use only in the rectum. Do not swallow the suppository.
Do not use for children under 12 years of age.
If anyone accidently swallows a suppository: Talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you use this medicine
Do not use:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless your doctor tells you to
- For children under 12 years of age
Most people will not have problems, but some may get:
- Irritation of the bowel, which may cause diarrhoea, wind or bowel pain and occasionally abdominal cramps
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on the carton. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Store below 25°C. Store in a dry place.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
Use by the date on the side panel of the carton.
This is a medicine;
- If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition are taking any other medication or complementary therapy or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active ingredient: Each suppository contains Glycerol 70% w/w
Also contains: Gelatin, Purified Water