See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Beechams Powders are specially formulated for fast and effective relief from cold & flu symptoms. These symptoms include:
- Aches and pains
The powder also provides relief from mild to moderate pain including:
- sore throat pain
- period pain
- rheumatic pain
- muscular aches and pains
Adults and children over 16 years of age.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
How to take Beechams Powders:
Mix the powder with a little water and stir before drinking.
Adults and children 16 years and over:
- One powder to be taken every three to four hours as needed
- Do not take more than six powders in 24 hours
Hazards and Cautions
Do not take Beechams Powders:
- if you are allergic to aspirin, caffeine or any of the other ingredients.
- if you have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding of the stomach.
- if you have blood clotting disorders (haemophilia).
- If you are under 16 years.
- if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- if you suffer from asthma, allergic disease, kidney or liver problems.
- if you are taking any prescribed medicines, particularly methotrexate,blood thinning drugs (anticoagulants), oral hypoglycaemics (to lower the blood glucose) or medicines for treating gout.
- If you have been told by your doctor you have an intolerance to some sugars.
There is a possible association between aspirin and Reys's syndrome when given to children under 16 years. Reye's syndrome is a very rare disease which affects the brain and liver and can be fatal.
Possible side effects
Aspirin can cause asthma attacks, tightening of the chest or other allergic reactions. People with sensitive stomachs may suffer stomach irritation and may experience bleeding (you may pass blood in your stools or vomit blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds).
If you do get any side effects, even those not mentioned, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
If you take more than the recommended dose contact your doctor.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use this medicine after the 'EXP' date shown on the pack.
Store below 25°c in a dry place.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredients: Each powder sachet contains Aspirin 600mg and Caffeine 50mg.
Also contains: Lactose, Maize Starch, Collodial Anyhydrous Silica, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Saccharin Sodium, Sodium Cyclamate and spice flavour. For further information about lactose please see the 'check before you take beechams powders' section.
(Each powder contains 0.1 g of carbohydrate.)