See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 28 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
NUROFEN FOR CHILDREN STRAWBERRY 3 MONTHS TO 12 YEARS is an oral ibuprofen suspension for babies and children from 3 months. To be taken by the mouth.
- reduces temperature (including fever caused by immunisation)
- relieves symptoms of cold and flu
- sore throats
- minor aches
Children aged 3 months and weighing over 5kg to 12 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For oral and short term use only.
Shake the bottle well before use.
Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately (see leaflet for details).
NOT SUITABLE for children under 3 months of age or weighing less than 5kg
FEVER CAUSED BY IMMUNISATION:
- Babies and Children 3 months and over. Weighing more than 5kg: One 2.5ml dose, if necessary give second 2.5ml dose 6 hours later
FEVER, PAIN AND SYMPTOMS OF COLD AND FLU:
- 3-6 months weighing more than 5kg: One 2.5ml dose 3 times in a day. Do not use for more than 24 hours. If symptoms persist after 24 hours or worsen; consult your doctor.
- 6-12 months: One 2.5ml dose 3 or 4 times in 24 hours
- 1-3 years: One 5ml dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 4-6 years: One 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 7-9 years: One 10ml (5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
- 10-12 years: One 15ml (5ml + 5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this medicine:
DO NOT GIVE THIS PRODUCT IF YOUR BABY OR CHILD:
- is under 3 months old or weighs less than 5kg
- has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- have a fructose intolerance.
- has or had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems or are dehydrated, or has chicken pox.
- trying to get pregnant
- being elderly
- being a smoker
Do not store above 25°C.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredients: each 5ml of oral suspension contains 100mg Ibuprofen
Also contains: Maltitol Liquid
See leaflet for further information