See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Use ‘Find in store’ below to see if it’s in stock near you.
Collect 28 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
NUROFEN FOR CHILDREN ORANGE 3 MONTHS TO 12 YEARS is an oral ibuprofen suspension for babies and children from 3 months. To be taken by mouth.
- Reduces temperature (including fever caused by immunisation)
- Relieves symptoms of cold and flu
- Sore throats
- Ear ache
- Minor aches
For babies aged 3 months (and weighing more than 5kg) to 12 years of age.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For oral and short-term use only. Shake the bottle well before use. Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately. (see leaflet for details).
NOT SUITABLE for children under 3 months of age or weighing less than 5kg.
FEVER CAUSED BY IMMUNISATION:
Babies and children 3 months and over weighing more than 5kg. One 2.5ml dose if necessary give second 2.5ml dose 6 hours later
Do not give more than 2 doses in a 24 hour period. If the fever is not reduced, consult your doctor.
FEVER, PAIN AND SYMPTOMS OF COLD AND FLU:
3-6 months weighing more than 5kg: One 2.5 ml dose - 3 times a day
Do not use for more than 24 hours. If symptoms persist after 24 hours or worsen, consult your doctor.
6-12 months: One 2.5ml dose 3 or 4 times in 24 hours
1-3 years: One 5ml dose 3 times in 24 hours
4-6 years: One 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
7-9 years: One 10ml (5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
10-12 years: One 15ml (5ml + 5ml +5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hours
Doses should be given every 6 - 8 hours. leave at least 4 hours between doses. Do not take more than the recommended dose in 24 hours. For children above 6 months, if symptoms persist after 3 days or worsen, consult your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
DO NOT GIVE THIS PRODUCT IF YOUR BABY OR CHILD:
- Is under 3 months old or weighs less than 5kg
- Has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, or perforation or bleeding
- Is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- Is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- Have a fructose intolerance
- Has or had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart liver, kidney or bowel problems or are dehydrated, or has chicken pox
- Trying to get pregnant
- Being elderly
- Being a smoker
Do not store above 25°C
WARNING: Do not take more medicine than the label tells you to.
This is a medicine;
• Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
• Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active Ingredient: Each 5ml of oral suspension contains 100mg Ibuprofen
Also contains: Maltitol Liquid
See leaflet attatched for further details