Nicorette Microtab 2mg - 100 sublingual tablets
See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 68 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Nicorette Microtab 2mg - 100 sublingual tablets (Stop Smoking Aid)
What is the Nicorette Microtab?
The Nicorette Microtab is the only sublingual (dissolves under the tongue) nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) tablet.
The nicotine tablet is particularly suitable for those who want a flexible but discreet form of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) to help them kick the nicotine habit and stop smoking for good.
Adults 18 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
How does the Nicorette Microtab work?
Place one Nicorette Microtab under your tongue and allow it to slowly dissolve. (Do not swallow, suck or chew.) This will release the nicotine, which is absorbed through the lining of your mouth.
The number of Nicorette Microtabs you use each day will depend on how many cigarettes you smoked and how strong they were:
If you smoked up to 20 cigarettes per day: If you smoked 20 cigarettes or fewer per day, you should use one Nicorette Microtab every hour, although you may want to increase to two Nicorette Microtabs every hour if one is not relieving your cravings.
If you smoked more than 20 cigarettes per day: If you smoked more than 20 cigarettes per day you should use two Nicorette Microtabs every hour. (You must not use more than 40 Nicorette Microtabs a day).
Nicorette Microtab Reduction Guide
It is recommended that you use the nicotine tablets for at least 12 weeks. After 12 weeks you should aim to gradually reduce the number of Nicorette Microtabs used each day. When you are only using one or two Microtabs per day you should think of finishing the course. Use beyond nine months is not recommended.
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this product:
Contains nicotine. Requires willpower. Always read the label.
Do not use Nicorette Microtab if:
- you have an allergy to nicotine or any of the other ingredients in Nicorette Microtab.
- if you have heart disease (including heart attack and disorders of heart rate and/or rhythm) or have suffered a stroke for which you are in hospital. In other heart conditions not requiring you to be in hospital, using NRT is better than continuing to smoke.
- if you have high blood pressure that is not adequately controlled by treatment.
- if you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer and/or inflammation of the oesophagus (passage between the mouth and stomach).
- if you have serious liver or kidney disease.
- if you have an overactive thryoid gland or have a phaeochromocytoma (a tumour of the adrenal gland that can affect blood pressure) - your doctor will have told you this.
- if you have diabetes - you should monitor your blood sugar levels more often when starting to use Nicorette Microtab as you may find your insulin/medication requirements alter.
- if you are taking any other medicines such as theophylline, clozapine or ropinirole. Stopping smoking may require the dose to be adjusted
If you are pregnant: Ideally, you should try to give up smoking without NRT. If you can't manage this, you can use NRT at the risks to your baby are far less than smoking, however you should talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist for advice.
If you are breast-feeding: Ideally, you should try to give up smoking without NRT. If you can't manage this you are best to use NRT products that are taken intermittently (not patchs), however you should talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist for advice.
Do not store Nicorette Microtab above 25°C.
Do not use Nicorette Microtab after the ‘Use before’ date shown on the carton or blister.
Dispose of any unused Nicorette Microtab sensibly.
Keep Nicorette Microtab out of the reach and sight of children and animals. Nicotine in high doses can be very dangerous and sometimes fatal if taken by small children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice if you suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredients: Nicotine
Also Contains: ß-cyclodextrin, Crospovidone, Colloidal silica and Magnesium stearate