See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Boots Infected Eyes 1% w/w Eye Ointment CHLORAMPHENICOL
- Treats acute bacterial conjunctivitis
- Preservative free
- 2 years+
For children over 2 years, adults and the elderly.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
- For topical administration to the eye only.
- Sterile until opened.
A small amount of ointment in the affected eye 3-4 times daily for 5 days.
After 5 days, throw away any eye ointment left.
Use only in the eye.
Hazards and Cautions
- Do not wear contact lenses during ocular infections.
- Do not use this eye ointment if you are allergic to chloramphenicol or anything else in the ointment.
- If you do not better within 48 hours talk to your doctor.
- If your eyes get worse see your doctor straight away.
Do not store above 25°c
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active ingredients: Chloramphenicol 1% w/w
Also contains: liquid paraffin and white petroleum.