Boots Chesty Cough Relief 100mg/5ml Oral Solution 150ml
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children of 12 years and over
Active Ingredients: Guaifenesin
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock sold out
We're sorry, this product has sold out and we won't be receiving any further stock.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
What this medicine is for.
This medicine contains Guaifenesin, which belongs to a group of medicines called expectorants, which act to loosen and relieve phlegm on the chest. It can be used to relieve chesty coughs without causing drowsiness.
Adults and children of 12 years and over.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not take the medicine.
|Age||How much to take||How often to take|
|Adults and children of 12 years and over.||Two 5ml spoonfuls||Every four hours, up to 4 times a day.|
This medicine should be swallowed.
Do not give to children under 12 years.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If a cough lasts for more than 5 days, or comes back, stop taking this medicine and talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
If you take too much: Talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
Before you take this medicine
Do not take:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
- If you are taking any other medicines to stop you coughing
- If you have an intolerance to some sugars, unless your doctor tells you to (this medicine contains Sucrose)
Talk to your doctor:
- If you have long term cough or asthma, (do not take this medicine if you are wheezing or if you are having an asthma attack)
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Other important information: This medicine may intefere with the results of some urine tests, tell the doctor or hospital staff that you are taking this medicine.
Hazards and Cautions
Possible side effects
Most people will not have problems but some may get some.
If you get any of these serious side effects, stop taking the medicine. See a doctor at once:
- Difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, neck, tongue or throat (severe allergic reaction)
- Other allergic reactions (e.g. skin rash, red itchy skin)
- Feeling sick, being sick, stomach discomfort
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on this carton. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard . By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C
- Do not refigerate or freeze
- Use by the date on the end flap of the cartonn or on the label edge.
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active Ingredients: Each 5 ml of oral solution contains Guaifenesin 100mg
Also contains: purified water, liquid sugar (sucrose), glycerol (E422), citric acid, sodium citrate, hyetellose, potassium sorbate (E201), acesulfame potassium, flavours (cream, blackcurrant, menthol).
Information about some of the ingredients: This medicine contains 1.8g of sucrose per 5ml spoonful. This should be taken into account if you have diabetes.
Glycerol may cause headache, stomach upset and diarrhoea.