See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Age restricted product
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 20 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Benadryl Plus Capsules give effective relief from allergies and nasal congestion:
- Works in minutes
- Lasts for 8 hours
- Avoids drowsiness
- Benadryl Plus Capsules is a medicine which is used to relieve the symptoms of:
- Dust allergy
- Pet allergy
Suitable for adults
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
How to take Benadryl Plus Capsules
For oral use only
Adults and children 12 - 65 years old:
Take one capsule up to three times a day
Do not take more than 3 doses in 24 hours
If symptoms persist talk to your doctor
Benadryl Plus Capsules are not recommended for:
- Children under 12 years
- Adults over 65 years old
If you forget to take Benadryl Plus, just take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Do not take a double dose
Hazards and Cautions
Do not take Benadryl Plus Capsules if you:
- Have very high blood pressure or severe heart disease
- Have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients in Benadryl Plus, or to the antihistamine triprolidine
- Are taking or have taken within the last two weeks, Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Are taking the antibacterial agent furazolidone
- Have kidney problems
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Benadryl Plus Capsules if you:
- Have high blood pressure or heart disease
- Have diabetes
- Have an over-active thyroid gland
- Have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- Have prostate problems (difficulty with passing water or needing to pass water often)
- Are taking alcohol
- Are taking any other medicines including:
- Antihypertensives (drugs to treat high blood pressure, such as guanethidine, methyldopa, alpha and beta blockers, debrisoquine, bretylium, betanidine)
- Sympathomimetic drugs (stimulants or appetite suppressants and drugs used to treat congestion and asthma)
- Tricyclic anti-depressants (used to treat mood disorders)
- Sedatives or tranquillisers (used to treat anxiety or sleep disorders)
If any of these points apply to you now or in the past, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
As with all antihistamines: It is advisable to avoid excessive alcohol consumption when taking this medicine
This product contains lactose: If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
Benadryl Plus can have side-effects like all medicines: although these don't always affect everyone and are usually mild.
You must be at least 16 years of age to purchase this product.
Benadryl Plus Capsules Contain:
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride: a decongestant that relieves nasal and sinus congestion
Acrivastine: an antihistamine that helps relieve allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose and watery eyes
Each Benadryl Plus Capsule contains the active ingredients: 60 mg Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and 8 mg Acrivastine
Each Benadryl Plus Capsule contains 60 mg Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and 8 mg Acrivastine
Benadryl Plus Capsule also contains Lactose, sodium starch glycollate, magnesium stearate, gelatin, titanium dioxide and patent blue V