Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops 10ml
See details below, always read the label
Suitbale for: Adults and children 12 years and over
Active ingredinets: Xylometazoline Hydrochloride
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
A blocked nose such as occurs with a cold, is caused by excessive nasal secretions and the swelling up of many tiny blood vessels that line the nose. The air passages become narrower and the nasal secretions may block the nose completely.
Otrivine is recommended for fast, effective and long lasting relief from nasal congestion. It helps to open up and clear the nasal passages by reducing the excessive nasal secretions and returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
The effects start within minutes and last for up to ten hours. Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops are for local application in the nose to give symptomatic relief of:
- nasal congestion (including in colds)
- perennial and allergic rhinitis (including hayfever)
Suitable for adults and children aged 12 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the product information leaflet before using this product.
Adults and children over 12 years of age: 2 or 3 drops in each nostril 2 or 3 times daily.
Clear the nose
Lean head back as far as is comfortable
Apply two or three drops to each nostril
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use if:
- you are sensitive to any of the ingredients of the drops, or to other decongestants
- you have had recent neurosurgery
The Adult Nasal Drops should not be used for infants or children under 12 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or taking other medicines or are under a doctor's care, consult your doctor before using Otrivine
- Ask your doctor before using Otrivine if you have heart or circulatory disease
- To avoid possible spread of infection, this pack should only be used by one person
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredients: Xylometazoline hydrochloride 0.1% w/v.
Also contains: Sodium chloride, Sodium phosphate, Sodium acid phosphate, Disodium edetate, Benzalkonium chloride solution, Sorbitol, Hypromellose and Water.