See details below, always read the label.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Boots Cough and Decongestant Syrup 6 years+ to relieve the symptoms of a chesty cough and a blocked nose.
Adults and children 6 years and over
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product
How to use
Read all of the enclosed leaflet for full instructions
Check the seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not give the medicine.
Use the measuring spoon provided (the small end measures 2.5ml and the big end measures 5ml)
Children 6 to 12 years: give two 5ml spoonfuls, 3 or 4 times a day.
Don't give more than eight 5ml spoonfuls in 24 hours.
Give this medicine to your child to swallow.
Do not give to children under 6 years.
Warning Do not exceed the stated dose.
Do not give this medicine for more than 5 days, unless your child's doctor tells you to.
If your child's symptons worsen at any time, talk to a pharmacist or doctor
If your child's cough comes back, stop giving this medicine and talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
If you child's symptoms do not go away, talk to your child's doctor.
If you need more advice ask your pharmacist
Hazards and Cautions
Do not give:
- if your child is under 6 years
- if your child is allergic to other decongestants
- if your child has severe kidney problems
- if your child has heart or blood vessel disease, including poor circulation in their hands or feet
- if your child has high blood pressure (including that due to a tumour near their kidney)
- if your child has diabetes
- if your child has an overactive thyroid
- if your child has raised pressure in the eye (glaucoma)
- if your child is taking any of these medicines: Monoamine oxidase inhibitors or moclobemide (for depression), or has taken them in the last 14 days; medicines called beta-blockers (normally for heart problems); other decongestants or cough and cold medicines
- If you child has a long term cough or asthma (do not give this medicine to your child if they are wheezing or if they are having an asthma attack)
- If your child has other kidney problems (see"Do not give")
- If your child also has a fever, rash or constant headache
Do not store above 30°c
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
Use by the date on the end flap of the carton
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Guaifenesin, Pesudoephedrine Hydrochloride
Active Ingredients: Guaifenesin 50mg, Pesudoephedrine Hydrochloride 10mg.
Also contains: Maltitol Liquid (E965), ethanol (4.8 vol %)