Boots Dental Insurance FAQs
Find answers to our frequently asked questions below. If the information you require isn’t listed, please contact us on 0345 840 1111.
Waiting periods and claimsIs there a waiting period before I can make a claim on my policy?
Waiting periods begin from the policy start date and don't apply when the policy is renewed. See below for applicable waiting periods.
- Emergency dental treatment: No waiting period
- All other eligible dental treatment under the policy: Three month waiting period
- Oral cancer cash benefit: Six month waiting period
For a step by step guide, see how to make a claim. You can download and print an additional claim form here:
Alternatively, you can call us on 0345 840 1111 to request additional claims forms.
Reimbursement of eligible dental plan claims can be made by cheque or direct to your chosen bank account via BACS (Bankers Automated Clearing Services).
What the Boots Dental Plan coversAre there any restrictions on who can be covered under the Boots Dental Plan?
In order to qualify for cover, all people who are insured:
- Must live in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for at least 180 days in each period of insurance
- The primary policy holder must be 18 years of age at the commencement date of your policy
- Your children must be under 18 years of age, unmarried and permanently living with you or, if in full time education, under 23 years of age and living with you outside of term time
Yes. However, dentists must be registered with the General Dental Council and cannot be related to you/the patient or recommended to you by a dentist who is a member of your/the patient's family.
To check if your dentist is registered with the General Dental Council visit their website: http://www.gdc-uk.org
Please note: if you have the Boots Dental NHS Plan you must go to an NHS dentist as this plan does not cover private treatment, except for in emergencies.
The Boots Dental Plans are designed to help with the cost of:
- Routine dental treatments
- Non-cosmetic treatments
- Emergency dental treatment
- Dental injuries
Your membership certificate shows which dental cover applies to you and the Benefit Schedule will show the maximum annual benefit limits that apply.
- Any dental treatment requirements that were planned or that you were aware of at the time you purchased the policy are excluded
- If you have the NHS plan policy, any private treatment is excluded
- If you experience symptoms or received medication, advice or treatment for oral cancer prior to the start of your policy, whether the condition was diagnosed or not, this will be excluded from cover and you will not receive a cash benefit
- Any treatment for accidental dental injury, unless the injury occurred after the start date of the policy and treatment began within two weeks of the injury occurring
- If you haven't previously been continuously registered with your dentist for 12 months (and have had an examination during this time) any dental treatment identified as being medically necessary at your first examination will not be covered
- The claim form must be fully completed and returned to us, along with the original receipts, within 90 days of treatment otherwise your claim will not be paid (see How to make a claim)
- All cosmetic treatment, dental implants and orthodontic treatments are excluded from cover
You can find details of the limits and exclusions in the General Exclusions section in the Dental Plan Policy.
No. The Boots Dental Plan only covers you for new conditions that occur once your cover has started.
Emergency treatment is defined as:
Dental treatment required for the immediate relief of severe pain, trauma, swelling or haemorrhage.
Dental Plan AdminHow do I change my Direct Debit details?
If you need to change your Direct Debit details, please contact us on 0345 840 1111.
To add another person to your plan, please contact us on 0345 840 1111.
If you would like to change your cover, for example from NHS cover to Private level 1, please contact us on 0345 840 1111 and one of our advisors will assist you.
Please note, whether you can change your type of cover depends on a number of factors including if you have already made a claim. It therefore may not be possible in all cases.
When you take out the policy you have a 14 day cooling-off period to give you time to study your policy in more detail. If, within 14 days of receiving your policy wording or Benefit Schedule, you decide that this plan isn't right for you, call us on 0345 840 1111 and receive a full refund (provided no one has made a claim). Alternatively, you can write to our customer care team at:
Boots Dental Plan
The Customer Services Manager
P O Box 6905
Outside of the 14-day cooling off period, if you haven't yet made a claim then you can still cancel your policy, provided you give at least seven days’ notice in writing or by contacting the customer care team on 0345 840 1111.
If you have made a claim during the period of insurance then you will be required to pay a full year's premium.
Please note: If you do cancel your policy, you must inform your bank or building society if you pay by Direct Debit.
GeneralI’d like some further information
For further information regarding the Boots Dental Plan you can contact us on 0345 840 1111.
Alternatively, please download and read the following documentation:
- Policy summary
- Terms of Business
- Boots NHS Cover Benefit Schedule
- Boots NHS Cover Insurance Product Information Document
- Boots Private Level 1 Cover Benefit Schedule
- Boots Dental Private Level 1 Cover Insurance Product Information Document
- Boots Private Level 2 Cover Benefit Schedule
- Boots Dental Private Level 2 Cover Insurance Product Information Document
- Policy wording
- Dental Claim Form
If you are dissatisfied, please call our Customer Care team on 0345 840 1111 and we will do our best to assist you.
Boots UK Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Healix Insurance Services Ltd who are registered in England and Wales under Company Reg. No. 5484199 and whose registered office is at Healix House, Esher Green, Esher, Surrey, KT10 8AB. Healix Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under 437248.
The Boots Dental Plan is underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited. AmTrust Europe Limited, registered in England number 1229676 at Market Square House, St James’s Street, Nottingham NG1 6FG, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register number 202189. These details can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk or by calling 0800 111 6768. Member of the Association of British Insurers
The policy is arranged and administered by Healix Insurance Services Limited on behalf of the insurer, AmTrust Europe Limited. Healix Insurance Services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to transact general insurance business. Its Financial Services Register number is 437248.
Boots UK Ltd only offers dental insurance plans from one insurer, AmTrust Europe Limited.
Boots UK Ltd do not make a personal recommendation as to whether the plan offered is suitable for you. You will need to make your own decision as to whether it suits your needs after reading the policy information provided.
If you choose to purchase a Boots Dental Plan, you must take reasonable care to answer all questions put to you about your proposed insurance fully, honestly and to the best of your knowledge. You must inform us as soon as possible if there is any change to the information you have provided us with, including (but not limited to) a change of marital status or address. Failure to do so may result in your policy being cancelled, or your claim may be declined or not paid in full.