COVID-19 Lateral Flow Tests
It is a legal requirement that Boots, as a provider of the service, share all COVID-19 test results (positive, negative, inconclusive and failed) with the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA).
For general use self testing kits, the customer can self report via the ReCoVa-19 Portal. However, FlowFlex kits do not include the option to report a result.
This service is available for delivery to UK addresses only (includes England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland); any orders placed for delivery outside of the UK will be cancelled.
Flowflex Antigen Rapid Testing Self-Testing Kit (without certificate)
*Verified Tests with Certificate
1. Before travelling out of the UK to countries that accept a negative antigen test certificate
2. Before attending an event or venue that requires a negative antigen test certificate
3. For any other reason you require a verified antigen test result with certificate
4. Pre-departure before travelling to the UK for those who are not fully vaccinated. Certificate for negative test results only. This test can be used for travel
5. Our Video Verified Lateral Flow tests are classed as supervised tests, please ensure you follow the latest guidance issued by your country of travel to ensure this is appropriate
6. For Video Verified tests, please ensure that you follow the leaflet provided on how to activate your test, as well as reading and following the manufacturers instructions on how to perform the test, failure to do so may mean you will receive an inconclusive, or failed result
7. Due to these tests requiring your identity to be verified, Video Verified tests are not suitable for those under the age of 18
8. Results will be available for Video Verified tests within 3 hours of upload, between the hours of 8am and 8pm
For details on who classes as fully vaccinated please see here.
**Self Test Kits for General Use (without certificate)
Ensure you are aware that this will NOT provide you with a certificate and your result will NOT be verified. This test cannot be used for travel.
Exclusions apply to delivery to UK mainland (includes England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland). Currently not available to purchase in-store.
Returning to the UK
Following the government announcement, from 4am Friday 7 January, pre-departure tests for those who wish to travel to the UK from countries and territories not on the red list are no longer required for those who are fully vaccinated.
If you are testing for travel, please read the government guidance available here.
Verified Lateral Flow Tests - results can be logged via the ReCoVa-19 Portal. You will receive an instruction leaflet within your order. Or you can report you results via the NHS.
Please note General Use Lateral Flow Tests are no longer provided free of charge by the NHS as of 1 April 2022.
How the verification process works***
Purchase your COVID-19 Lateral Flow Self-Test kit with Verification & Certification through the ReCoVa-19 portal
Register your details and purchase your test(s). You will receive your test kit(s) within 2 working days of dispatch.
Plan when you need to take your test
If you are testing to travel out of the UK to countries that accept a negative antigen test certificate, please check the specific country entry requirements on the government website.
For results and a certificate for attendance at an event/venue please check the venue’s requirements.
Activate your test kit, complete the test as per the instruction leaflet(s) included and get your result
Once the test is complete, place the device on the photo capture area of the verification leaflet and upload a photo with the result clearly visible to the ReCoVa-19 portal.
Results are available on the ReCoVa-19 portal typically within 3 hours of the receipt of the upload.
COVID-19 Lateral Flow Self-Test Service
Your test kit(s) will be dispatched the day after your order is placed and should arrive at your chosen UK delivery address within 3 working days of dispatch. Please note, Sundays and Bank Holidays are not working days for Royal Mail.
Important Information for the Verification Process†
Ensure you activate your kit
Visit the ReCoVa-19 portal to activate your kit. Failure to do so will mean that you are unable to access your test certificate.
***only for tests purchased with verfication & certificate, not for General Use LFTs
†only if applicable, not for general use