ACHIEVE STYLING PERFECTION WITH DENMAN
Hands up if you want glossy healthy hair?! Yep us too! Denman has investigated various methods and tools to keep your hair healthy and in great condition without needing a personal hairstylist…
- Diet and Exercise: Did you know that maintaining a healthy lifestyle can also affect your hair? Fresh fruits, vegetables, protein, carbohydrates and lots of water will give all the necessary nutrients to your hair. Exercising can increase the blood flow from our muscles into our scalp which will also carry nutrients, helping to promote healthy hair!
- Washing and Combing Wet Hair: Washing your hair every day can strip away the natural oils, leaving it dry and lifeless. So it’s probably best to wash your hair two to three times a week! Only use a wide tooth comb such as the Denman D22 Grooming Comb on wet hair. Start by detangling at the bottom of the hair and work your way up to the roots.
- Quality Brushes are Essential: When it comes to choosing the correct brushes for your hair you want to make sure you invest in the best. Many hairstylists choose Denman – ‘the hairdressers’ hairbrush’. Not only are they manufactured in the UK, but they are also made from the highest quality materials! The Denman D6 Be-Bop is one of our favourite brushes and it is amazing for detangling hair in the shower. Also great for stimulating the scalp and for women experiencing hair loss during their pregnancy. When it comes to blow-drying your hair, we recommend the Denman D3 Classic Styling Brush, which smooths the hair without catching or tugging it.
- Coloured Hair and Electrical Tools: Chemically damaged hair is caused by consistently bleaching and colouring the hair. It may also be caused by leaving the bleach or colour on too long which will over-process the hair making it dry and brittle. Heat damaged hair is caused by using high heat electrical tools on the hair. When the hair is damaged by heat it loses its natural oils, damages the cuticle and in some cases it can even harm the scalp.
THE DENMAN GUIDE TO WINTER HAIR CARE
Denman have put together a guide for you to help keep your hair looking fabulous this winter!
- Get a good haircut! This means getting rid of all your nasty dry ends, and therefore making your hair new and healthy for the New Year. A good haircut also means investing in a good hairbrush, so why not try the Denman D83 Paddle Brush which is an all-round favourite for grooming long hair.
- No washing! Don’t wash your hair every day, this will remove the natural oils that help condition your hair. We recommend washing your hair every second or third day and using the Denman D22 Grooming Comb for detangling in the shower.
- Choosing the right brush! The Denman D81M Nylon and Boar Bristle Brush is ideal for winter as the bristles pick up the sebum at the roots and distribute it through the hair while brushing. The sebum coats the cuticle, providing protection as well as giving the hair a lustrous shine.
- Stop windswept hair! We recommend that you create simple hairstyles such as top knot buns and sleek ponytails to keep hair in place throughout those windy days.
- Never leave the house with wet hair! Not only will you be freezing but if it’s really cold, the water that is left on your hair will freeze – making your hair look like an ice cube!
We hope you enjoy these tips for keeping your hair looking amazing this winter!
FIVE TOP TIPS FOR BRIDAL HAIR
After many months of planning for the perfect day, you want to make sure you have the perfect hairstyle with no hair disasters along the way. Here are Denman’s top five tips for bridal hair:
- Make sure you have a couple of hair trials prior to the big day. This is super important as you may have already decided what you want in your mind, but until you try it out you cannot be sure.
- Take a picture of your dress with you so the stylist can help you choose a hairstyle that will complement your dress. Also don’t forget to bring any hair accessories such as a veil or faux flowers as these will need to be incorporated into the hairstyle.
- Try at least three different looks: hair down, half up/half down hairstyle or an up-do style. For a finished and polished look, invest in our Denman D81S Grooming Brush to smooth away any loose strands of hair.
- Apply a deep conditioning hair treatment to your hair every two weeks in the run up to your wedding day. We recommend using the Denman D6 Be-Bop Shower Brush to detangle the hair in the shower as well as stimulate the scalp to ensure gorgeous locks.
- Wash your hair the night before your wedding day. If you wash it the morning, then your hair will not hold the style which means it could drop or fall out before you even say ‘I do!’ On the morning of the wedding, simply detangle your hair with the Denman D90L Pink Tangle Tamer Ultra Hairbrush, ready to be styled for the big day!