SMA® PRO First Infant Milk from Birth 200ml
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stage 1 From Birth
SMA® PRO First Infant Milk, is an alternative to breast milk, when baby is not breastfed. Breastfeeding provides the best start for your baby, but if you decide to combination feed or bottle-feed then SMA® PRO First Infant Milk is a nutritionally complete breast milk substitute, enriched with Omega 3 (DHA)*. *Contains DHA (as required by the legislation for all infant formula)
Stage 2 6+ Months
SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk is tailored for babies from 6 months as part of a varied weaning diet. At 6 months your baby's development progresses quickly and their need for Iron increased. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk is enriched with Iron to help support normal cognitive development in baby's brain and inspired by our research into natures wonderful nutrients. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk contains 2'FL which is structurally identical to the most abundant oligosaccharide found in breast milk.
Stage 3 12 Months to 3 Years
From 12 months your baby will go through an amazing period of growth and development and their nutritional needs will change. SMA® PRO Growing Up Milk is nutritionally enriched to help support children's growth up until their 4th birthday. It contains a blend of vitamins, including A, C & D to help support the normal function of a child's immune system and inspired by our research into natures wonderful nutrients. SMA® PRO Growing Up Milk now contains 2'FL which is structurally identical to the most abundant oligosaccharide found in breast milk.
Science Inspired by Nature
Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the complex structure of breast milk and to applying the learnings from nature to our own products. We have been leading research in baby nutrition for over 100 years, and have produced SMA® PRO First Infant Milk, a nutritionally complete breast milk substitute, expertly created with nature in mind to support babies' unique nutritional needs.
How to use
Preparation and Usage Preparing Your Baby's Feed
Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
1. Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
2. If carton is damaged in any way, do not use. Shake carton well and unscrew cap. Pour desired amount into a sterilised bottle and add sterilised teat and cap. Replace plastic cap on carton.
3. SMA® PRO First Infant Milk can be fed at room temperature. If required to heat, stand filled bottle in warm water, do not immerse the teat.
4. Before feeding shake the bottle well. If warmed, test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist - milk should be lukewarm.
- Important Feeding Information - Check best before date - Once open, reseal carton and store only in the fridge (5°C or below) for up to 24 hours - For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible, and always within 1 hour - For older babies, ready to use formulae can be added to food - Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed - Do not warm feeds in microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding - Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year - Do not freeze.
Feeding Guide Birth - 12 Months Approx. Age of Baby: Birth - 2 weeks, Approx. Weight of Baby: 3.4 kg, 7 1/2 lb, Size of Feed: 100 ml, 3 1/2 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 6 Approx. Age of Baby: 2 - 4 weeks, Approx. Weight of Baby: 3.7 kg, 8 lb, Size of Feed: 130 ml, 4 1/2 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 6 Approx. Age of Baby: 4 - 8 weeks, Approx. Weight of Baby: 4.2 kg, 9 1/4 lb, Size of Feed: 130 ml, 4 1/2 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 6 Approx. Age of Baby: 2 months, Approx. Weight of Baby: 5.3 kg, 11 3/4 lb, Size of Feed: 170 ml, 6 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 5 Approx. Age of Baby: 3 months, Approx. Weight of Baby: 6.1 kg, 13 1/4 lb, Size of Feed: 200 ml, 7 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 5 Approx. Age of Baby: 4 months, Approx. Weight of Baby: 6.7 kg, 14 3/4 lb, Size of Feed: 200 ml, 7 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 5 Approx. Age of Baby: 6 months, Approx. Weight of Baby: 7.6 kg, 16 3/4 lb, Size of Feed: 250 ml, 8 1/2 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 4 Approx. Age of Baby: 7 - 12 months, Approx. Weight of Baby: - kg, - lb, Size of Feed: 200 ml, 7 fl. oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 3 This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you require more advice, consult your healthcare professional.
- Remember to feed your baby on demand.
- Storage Before opening store in a cool, dry place (4-25°C), away from direct light.
- For best before end date see top of carton.
From birth to 12 months
Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. Infant milks are suitable from birth when babies are not breastfed and should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, or other professionals responsible for maternal and child care. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Always hold your baby while feeding. Do not leave baby unattended as they might choke.
Hazards and Cautions
Cap is a small part and poses a choking hazard. Keep cap out of reach of children.
Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed)
Whey Protein (Milk)
Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (DHA (Fish), AA (Mortierella Alpina Oil))
Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin)
Nucleotides (Cytidine-, Disodium Uridine-, Adenosine-, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate)
Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate)