HOW THEY WORK
XLS-MEDICAL ULTRA 5
XLS-Medical Ultra 5 is clinically proven to help you lose up to five times more weight than dieting alone*
• OkranolTM is the key active ingredient which consists of natural fibres derived from a vegetable (okra) and plant source
• When taken after meals, OkranolTM binds with dietary fat from your food to form a complex that is too large to be absorbed by the body
• This complex then leaves the body naturally, Ultra 5 is free from laxatives
• This leads to a calorie deficit helping you to lose up to five times more weight*
XLS-MEDICAL MAX STRENGTH
XLS-Medical Max Strength is clinically proven to reduce calorie intake from fats, sugars and carbs5
• The active ingredient Clavitanol® blocks some of the activity of digestive enzymes
• This results in some dietary carbohydrates, sugar and fat being left undigested as they are too large to be absorbed
• This leads to a calorie deficit, helping you lose weight faster
• Available in tablets or sachets, take 30 mins before two main meals
XLS-Medical Tea is the UK’s first Tea clinically proven to help you lose three times more weight than
• Unique taste and refreshing, the tea is made with delicious premium Japanese matcha green tea and Litramine®
• Enjoy hot or cold, simply stir into water and drink three times a day immediately after each meal
• The Litramine binds with fat from your food to form a fat-fibre complex too large to be absorbed by the body
• This leads to a calorie deficit, helping you lose weight
• This fat-fibre complex then leaves the body naturally without a laxative effect
• Low in caffeine and free from laxatives
XLS-MEDICAL FAT BINDER
XLS-Medical Fat Binder is clinically proven to help you lose up to three times more weight than dieting alone3
• Made with Litramine® a fibre made from a natural plant source
• Litramine binds with fat from your food to form a fat-fibre complex too large to be absorbed by the body
• This leads to a calorie deficit, helping you lose weight
• This fat-fibre complex then leaves the body naturally
• Available in tablets or sachets, taken immediately after each meal
XLS-Nutrition is a healthy weight
• Just 250 calories per serving
• Packed with high quality proteins, other macronutrients, and all your essential vitamins and minerals to help to maintain your energy
• Simply replace two meals a day with our delicious shakes, available in three tasty flavours
• Follow our simple plan to see visible and sustainable results
Stay in control of your appetite, even on the move! Hunger Buddy can help reduce hunger pangs, help you control portion sizes, and prevent snacking
• Hunger Buddy is made with RedusureTM, a blend of dietary fibres
• This forms a gel which swells to fill 30-43 per cent of the stomach, leading to a pleasant feeling of fullness, before leaving the system naturally
• Available in a handy on the go dispenser, so you can stay in control anytime, anywhere
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
XLS-Medical is a certified Medical Device with efficacy assessed under European Medical Device legislation. XLS-Medical has a well-established safety profile and tolerability. It has no added artificial colourings, flavourings, salt or preservatives.
XLS-Medical products are very well tolerated and side effects have very rarely been reported. The side effects experienced are usually allergic-type reactions typical of food allergies; such as a rash, itching, slight swelling, mild bloating and constipation. In such cases, treatment should be discontinued. In the case of XLS-Medical Max Strength, the active ingredient Clavitanol™ reduces the digestion of dietary carbohydrates, sugar and fat, which may lead to flatulence (passing of gas) in some individuals during the first few days of consumption. This is nothing to worry about as it should dissipate as soon as the body adapts to the increased amount of undigested carbohydrates.
XLS-Medical has several clinical studies to support the effectiveness of its products in supporting dieters in losing more weight vs. dieting alone. XLS-Medical clinical studies are completed to a high standard; they are double blind, placebo-controlled trials which have been peer-reviewed within the scientific community. As such, several have been published in medical journals such as the Obesity Society Journal.
A medical device is designed to work on or inside the body – either temporarily or permanently. Its main aim is to prevent, diagnose, monitor or treat diseases. The key difference compared to conventional medicines is that medical devices work mechanically as opposed to pharmacologically, so they work alongside or with your body rather than acting on the chemistry of the human cells.
While medical devices work differently to conventional medicines, they can be just as effective. You should talk to your doctor or healthcare professional before using a medical device with or as a replacement for a medicine.
No, you don’t. You can simply buy it online or in store – as long as your BMI is over 18.5. XLS-Medical can be used as a weight loss treatment if your BMI is over 18.5.
No, the XLS medical range is not suitable for children. Only recommended for adults over 18 years of age. The use of this product by adolescents 12-18 years old is subject to the supervision of healthcare professionals.
No. Crushed tablets are likely to reduce the effectiveness of XLS-Medical. If you are having difficulty using XLS-Medical Fat Binder tablets then why not try XLS-Medical Direct powder sachets? Just pour the berry flavoured powder directly into your mouth.
We recommend you take any XLS-Medical product for at least one month or more depending on your weight loss targets. For sustainable weight loss we do not recommend losing more than two pounds a week. Join our free online ‘Get Back to the Real You’ support programme to help you manage and track your weight loss over 12 weeks.
Combining different XLS-Medical products can be beneficial in certain circumstances; these are outlined below. At the moment, no studies have been conducted to investigate the additional effectiveness and safety of the concurrent use of two or more XLS-Medical products. However, all products are certified medical devices made from natural sources, which do not exert any pharmacological action and have excellent safety profiles to date.
Alternating between XLS-Medical Fat Binder tablets with XLS-Medical Fat Binder Direct sachets:
It is possible to alternate between these two – just make sure the dosage is respected: one sachet is equal to two tablets.
For example: after breakfast, take two tablets with water, after lunch, one sachet (direct dose, no water needed) and after dinner, two tablets with a glass of water. As with any high fibre diet, it is essential to consume plenty of water throughout the day.
XLS-Medical Max Strength reduces calorie intake from carbohydrates, sugar and fat; there is unlikely to be any significant benefit to taking it along with XLS-Medical Fat Binder, Fat Binder Direct or XLS-Medical Appetite Reducer as they have coinciding effects.
XLS-Medical products are classified as medical devices, which mean that they have no direct action on the cells in your body. Interaction of XLS-Medical products with different medications have not been studied, however, they may affect the absorption of other medications into the bloodstream.
If you are on other medications we would advise you to take them at least two hours apart from XLS-Medical products. However, we also advise that users who are on other medications to let their doctor or their healthcare professional know of their attempt to lose weight with the help of XLS-Medical, to ensure that potential additional effects are considered.
If you would like more information, please contact us at UKLOCustomerService@perrigo.com
More advice below on taking XLS-Medical products with the contraceptive pill and with diabetic medication.
As instructed on the leaflet, we would advise you not to take XLS-Medical Fat Binder or XLS-Medical Fat Binder Direct within two hours of taking a fatsoluble medicine, e.g. an oral contraceptive pill. This does not apply for XLS-Medical Max Strength or XLS-Medical Appetite Reducer.
For further advice on this matter we would suggest that you consult your doctor or pharmacist.
No. Do not take XLS-Medical during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
It is recommended that diabetic patients consult their healthcare professional before taking XLS-Medical products as the following may apply: XLS-Medical Max Strength supports the reduction of food cravings by balancing blood glucose levels. Diabetic patients may have to adjust their daily anti-diabetic treatment to avoid hypoglycaemic attacks.
XLS-Medical Fat Binder and XLS-Medical Direct Fat Binder contain fibre and may slow down dietary sugar absorption and reduce blood glucose levels after eating a meal. Therefore, it is recommended that diabetic patients consult their doctor or diabetic nurse before taking XLS Medical Fat Binder, and closely monitor their blood glucose level when taking the product. Diabetic medications may have to be adjusted to avoid hypoglycaemia in some instances. XLS-Medical Fat Binder and XLS-Medical Fat Binder Direct supports the reduction of food cravings by balancing blood glucose levels. Diabetic patients may have to adjust their daily diabetic treatment to avoid hypoglycemic attacks.
XLS-Medical Appetite Reducer may flatten plasma glucose levels that consequently reduce insulin secretion. Diabetic patients may have to adjust their daily anti-diabetic treatment to avoid hypoglycemic attacks.
MORE FROM XLS-MEDICAL
*Vs dieting alone. Uebelhack et al., 2019. 108 participants. Weight loss over 12 weeks.
1. XLS-Medical. Can only help weight loss as part of a calorie controlled diet and active lifestyle.
2. To verify contact: email@example.com. Based on IMS data.
3. Grube et al. (2013). When used for 12 weeks.
4. To verify contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Grube et al. (2015). Weight loss over 12 weeks.
6. Substituting two daily meals of an energy restricted diet with meal replacements contributes to weight loss.