SMA® Anti-Reflux Baby Milk Formula from Birth 800g
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
SMA Anti-Reflux Baby Milk Formula from Birth 800g
SMA® Anti-Reflux is a nutritionally complete formula for the dietary management of formula-fed babies with significant reflux (regurgitation/spitting up). It can be used as the sole source of nutrition from birth in place of your usual formula feed, and can be mixed with foods once weaning has begun. Reflux often occurs because a baby's digestive system is immature.
SMA® Anti-Reflux contains a unique combination of starch and 100% whey, partially hydrolysed protein for the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation. You may notice a change in baby's stool when changing to SMA® Anti-Reflux. This is due to the different ingredients and is normal. Easier preparation. Thickened formula, may require a fast flow teat
Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the unique nutritional needs of babies with different feeding issues and to applying these learnings to our own products. We have been leading research in baby nutrition for over 100 years and have produced SMA® Anti-Reflux, a nutritionally complete formula specifically designed for the dietary management of babies with reflux and regurgitation
From birth to 12 months
How to use
Preparation and Usage Feeding Guide Birth - 12 Months Approx.
Age of Baby: Birth - 2 weeks; Approx. Weight of Baby: 3.4kg, 7 1/2lb; Preparation for Single Feeds: Level scoops: 3, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 90ml, 3 fl.oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 6 Approx. Age of Baby: 2 - 4 weeks; Approx. Weight of Baby: 3.7kg, 8lb; Preparation for Single Feeds: Level scoops: 4, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 120ml, 4 fl.oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 6 Approx. Age of Baby: 4 - 8 weeks; Approx. Weight of Baby: 4.2kg, 9 1/4lb; Preparation for Single Feeds: Level scoops: 4, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 120ml, 4 fl.oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 6 Approx. Age of Baby: 2 months; Approx. Weight of Baby: 5.3kg, 11 3/4lb; Preparation for Single Feeds: Level scoops: 5, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 150ml, 5 fl.oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 5 Approx. Age of Baby: 3 months; Approx. Weight of Baby: 6.1kg, 13 1/2lb; Preparation for Single Feeds: Level scoops: 6, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 180ml, 6 fl.oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 5 Approx. Age of Baby: 4 months; Approx. Weight of Baby: 6.7kg, 14 3/4lb; Preparation for Single Feeds: Level scoops: 6, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 180ml, 6 fl.oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 5 Approx. Age of Baby: 6 months; Approx. Weight of Baby: 7.6kg, 16 3/4lb; Preparation for Single Feeds: Level scoops: 8, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 240ml, 8 fl.oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 4 Approx. Age of Baby: 7-12 months; Approx. Weight of Baby: -, -, Preparation for Single Feeds: Level scoops: 7, Cooled, Freshly Boiled Water: 210ml, 7 fl.oz. (approx.), Feeds in 24 Hours: 3 This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you require more advice, consult your healthcare professional. Remember to feed your baby on demand. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz.) of water. Approx. 186 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.3 g
How to Open and Prepare Your Baby's Feed
Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
1. Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
2. Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer's instructions.
3. Boil 1 litre of tap water. Allow to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully - the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
4. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the teat.
5. Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide), levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean, dry knife. Store the scoop in suspension inside the can and replace lid.
6. Shake bottle well until powder has fully dissolved. Test temperature by shaking a few drops on to the inside of your wrist - milk should be lukewarm. Thicker formula, may require a fast flow teat.
Storage Store in a cool, dry place. For best before, see base of can. Use within 4 weeks of opening.
IMPORTANT FEEDING INFORMATION
- Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
- We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required.
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible.
- For older babies, made-up formulae can be added to food but not heated.
- For enteral use only.
- Do not use with other feed thickeners or antacids.
- Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed.
- Do not warm feeds in a microwave as it will cause milk to thicken, and hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. This product must be used under medical supervision. SMA® Anti-Reflux is a special formula intended for the dietary management of bottle-fed babies when significant reflux (regurgitation) is a problem. It is suitable as the sole source of nutrition up to 6 months of age, and in conjunction with solid food up to 12 months of age. If the baby's reflux does not improve within 2 weeks of starting SMA® Anti-Reflux, or if the baby fails to thrive, the family doctor should be consulted. SMA® Anti-Reflux is not suitable for those who are allergic to cows' milk protein, lactose intolerant, or who suffer from galactosaemia or require a galactose free diet. When bottle-feeding do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Always hold your baby while feeding. Do not leave baby unattended as they might choke.
Lactose (Milk) Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed) Potato Starch Partially Hydrolysed Whey Protein (Milk) Calcium Phosphate Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (DHA (Fish), AA) Potassium Citrate Magnesium Chloride Choline Bitartrate Calcium Chloride L-Arginine Sodium Chloride Vitamin C L-Histidine L-Tyrosine Taurine Inositol Ferrous Sulphate Nucleotides (Cytidine -, Disodium Uridine -, Adenosine -, Disodium Guanosine -5'-Monophosphate) L-Carnitine Zinc Sulphate Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate) Vitamin E Niacin Pantothenic Acid Copper Sulphate Vitamin A Thiamin Riboflavin Vitamin B6 Manganese Sulphate Potassium Iodide Folic Acid Sodium Selenate Vitamin K Vitamin D Biotin Vitamin B12