SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk 6 Month+ Ready to Drink 200ml
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stage 2 6+ months.
At 6 months your baby's development progresses quickly and their need for Iron increases. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk is enriched with Iron to help support normal cognitive development in baby's brain. Development: Iron to help support normal cognitive development in baby's brain. Immunity: Vitamins A, C & D to help support the normal function of baby's immune system. Growth: Vitamin D and calcium to support the normal growth and development of bones. Omega 3 & 6† to help support normal growth.
Stage 3 12 Months to 3 Years
From 12 months your baby will go through an amazing period of growth and development and their nutritional needs will change. SMA® PRO Growing Up Milk is nutritionally enriched to support children's growth up until their 4th birthday. It has a blend of ingredients tailored to support young children's growth.
† The beneficial effect of essential fatty acids is obtained with a daily intake of 10 g of Linoleic acid and 2 g of α-linolenic acid.
Contains 2'FL which is structurally identical to the most abundant oligosaccharide found in breast milk
Iron & 2'FL Vitamin D to help support:
- Normal function of baby's immune system
- Normal growth and development of bones
Science Inspired By Nature
Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the complex structure of breast milk and to applying the learnings from nature to our own products. We have been leading research in baby nutrition for over 100 years, and have produced SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk, expertly developed with nature in mind to help support babies' unique nutritional needs and inspired by our research into natures wonderful nutrients. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk now contains 2'FL which is structurally identical to the most abundant oligosaccharide found in breast milk. With over 70 years breast milk research and have now produced SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk. From 6 months babies start to run out of the iron stores they had from their mothers, so their iron needs increase at this stage.
How to use
Preparation and Usage
Feeding Guide from 6+ Months
All babies are different but try to ensure that from 6 months to 1 year your baby has 500 - 600 ml of SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk per day, either as a drink, on cereals or mixed with food.
Preparing Your Baby's Feed
Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
1. Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
2. If carton is damaged in any way, do not use. Shake carton well and unscrew cap. Pour desired amount into a sterilised beaker/bottle and place a lid on the beaker, or teat and cap on the bottle. Replace plastic cap on carton.
3. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk can be fed at room temperature. If required to heat, stand filled beaker/bottle in warm water, do not immerse the lid/teat.
4. Before feeding shake the beaker/bottle well. If warmed, test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist - milk should be lukewarm.
Important Feeding Information
- Check best before date
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the beaker/bottle as soon as possible, and always within 1 hour
- For older babies, ready to use formulae can be poured over cereals and mixed with food
- Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed
- Do not warm feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding
- Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year
Before opening store in a cool, dry place (4-25°C), away from direct light.
For best before end, see top of carton.
Once open, reseal carton and store only in the fridge (5°C or below) for up to 24 hours
Do not freeze.
From 6 to 12 months
Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk is only suitable for babies over 6 months as part of a mixed diet. It should not be used as a substitute for breast milk during the first 6 months. The decision to start weaning or to use this product before 6 months, should be made only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, based on baby's individual needs. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Never leave your baby alone during feeding as there is a risk they might choke.
Hazards and Cautions
Cap is a small part and poses a choking hazard. Keep cap out of reach of children.
Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed)
Whey Protein (Milk)
Whey Permeate (Milk)
DHA (Fish Oil)
Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin)
Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate)