SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk 6 Month+ 800g
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
- Contains 2'FL which is structurally identical to the most abundant oligosaccharide found in breast milk
Stage 2 6+ months
At 6 months your baby's development progresses quickly and their need for Iron increases. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk is enriched with Iron to help support normal cognitive development in baby's brain. Development: Iron to help support normal cognitive development in baby's brain.
Immunity: Vitamins A, C & D to help support the normal function of baby's immune system. Growth: Vitamin D and calcium to support the normal growth and development of bones. Omega 3 & 6† to help support normal growth.
Stage 3 12 Months to 3 Years
From 12 months your baby will go through an amazing period of growth and development and their nutritional needs will change. SMA® PRO Growing Up Milk is nutritionally enriched to support children's growth up until their 4th birthday. It has a blend of ingredients tailored to support young children's growth.
†Beneficial effect of essential fatty acids is obtained with a daily intake of 10 g of Linoleic acid and 2 g of α-linolenic acid.
Science Inspired by Nature
Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the complex structure of breast milk and to applying the learnings from nature to our own products. We have been leading research in baby nutrition for over 100 years, and have produced SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk, expertly developed with nature in mind to help support babies' unique nutritional needs and inspired by our research into natures wonderful nutrients. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk now contains 2'FL which is structurally identical to the most abundant oligosaccharide found in breast milk.
How to use
Important Feeding Information
- Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
- We recommend preparing each feed in individual beaker/bottles when required.
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the beaker/bottle as soon as possible.
- Made-up formulae can be poured over cereals and mixed with food.
- Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed.
- Do not warm feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
Feeding Guide from 6+ Months
1 Serving = 200 ml: 1 beaker/bottle, Amount of Cooled Freshly Boiled Water: 180ml, 6 fl. oz (approx.), Number of Scoops of Powder: 6
All babies are different but try to ensure that from 6 months to 1 year your baby has 500 - 600 ml of SMA® Pro Follow-on Milk per day, either as a drink, or on cereals or mixed with food. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz.) of water. 1 scoop = 4.5 g. Approx. 177 scoops per can. Approx. 29 x 200ml servings per can.
How to Open and Prepare Your Baby's Feed
Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
1. Pull the safety seal and open the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
2.Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
3. Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
4. Strictly follow the feeding table. First, pour water into a sterilised beaker or bottle, carefully - it is hot. Then add the powder using only the scoop provided, carefully levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop across the inner rim of the can and replace the lid.
5. Place a lid on the beaker, or teat and cap on the bottle, and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool beaker/bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the lid/teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
Store in a cool, dry place.
For best before, see base of can.
Use within 4 weeks of opening.
From 6 to 12 months
Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. SMA® Pro Follow-on Milk is only suitable for babies over 6 months as part of a mixed diet. It should not be used as a substitute for breast milk during the first 6 months. The decision to start weaning or to use this product before 6 months, should be made only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, based on baby's individual needs. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Never leave your baby alone during feeding as there is a risk they might choke.
Whey Protein (Milk)
Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed)
Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (DHA (Fish Oil), AA (Mortierella Alpina Oil))
Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin)
Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)
Nucleotides (Cytidine-, Disodium Uridine-, Adenosine-, Disodium Guanosine-5'- Monophosphate)
Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate)