Safe appointments at Boots
Whether it’s opticians, pharmacy or hearingcare, find out how we’re offering our services to help keep you safe
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT WHEN I GO TO STORE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
Keeping our customers and colleagues safe has, and will continue to remain, our top priority.
Colleagues in our close contact areas may continue to wear face coverings, and we may require customers who are visiting these areas to do the same, especially at times when the store may be busy.
We will continue to:
• Provide colleagues with personal protective equipment (PPE) to care for customers safely
• Maintain cleaning routines throughout the day
• Keep hand sanitising stations in store for customers to use
• Keep perspex screens at tills & pharmacy counters
You can find more information about booking an appointment for opticians, hearingcare or pharmacy services here.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT MY APPOINTMENT IF I HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS?
To help protect our customers and colleagues, please don’t book an appointment or come into store for your appointment if:
• You or anyone in your household have a high temperature, new continuous cough, or loss or change in sense of taste or smell
• You’ve had recent, close contact with anyone who is now self-isolating as a result of possible or confirmed COVID-19
• You’re a frontline worker, who’s been exposed to COVID-19 without wearing adequate PPE
Instead, please contact the store, or visit my appointments to cancel your appointment and rebook for a later date.
IMPORTANT APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Please read below for more detailed appointment information, along with videos highlighting what you can expect when you come into a Boots store.
With lockdown restrictions evolving nationally, we wanted to let you know that we’ll be remaining open across the UK as a provider of essential healthcare. That means we’ll be able to see you if you have any concerns about your hearing.
If you would like to see one of our experts, to help us maintain social distancing instore, we’ll need you to book an appointment first – but booking is really easy – simply call 0345 202 7095* or book online.
The following services are still available:
• Hearing aid maintenance
• Lost hearing aid replacement
• Hearing aid fitting
• Hearing tests if you’re struggling with your hearing
• Ear wax removal
• Aftercare support
When you come to store for your appointment please also:
• Bring your own pen
• Come alone if possible
• Wear a face mask or covering if you can
For certain appointments our colleagues will provide and ask you to wear a face mask.
Our teams are ready to take your calls and help with any questions or concerns you have. Where possible they’ll book you an appointment or help you with solutions that can be delivered remotely.
If you’d prefer, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re currently experiencing a high volume of emails so it may take longer than usual for us to get back to you. As ever, thank you for your patience and our team will be in touch as soon they can.
For any pharmacy appointments, please arrive just in time for your appointment time, to avoid having to wait too long in and around the pharmacy. You’ll be asked to wait in a waiting area where chairs will be spaced two metres apart, to maintain social distancing. You may be asked to complete part of your appointment outside of the consultation room, but only with your permission. Your appointment may take a little longer than previous appointments as staff will need extra time between appointments to clean the consultation room and change their PPE.
• Bring your own pen
• Wear a short sleeved top if you’ll be having a vaccination
• Wear a face mask or covering during your consultation. You can bring your own or use a face mask provided by the pharmacy. The pharmacist will also be wearing a face mask.
If your child will be with you at your appointment, bring a toy or other means of distraction to keep them busy. Talk about face masks with them before the appointment so that they don’t feel scared on the day. They’ll also need to wear a face covering when in the consultation room.
*Please note all calls will be recorded or monitored for quality and training purposes. Local rates apply from BT landlines in the UK, other provider's charges may vary. Please check with your provider for details