Remington HYDRAluxe pro straightener
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 300 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Create expert-looking styles that are smoother, softer and shiner*, with the Hydraluxe Pro Straightener. The Hydracare Mist Technology lets out a Cool Moisture Mist, for complete protection against heat damage**; while the Moisture Lock Ceramic Coating helps preserve your hairs’ perfect balance of moisture.
How to use
- Before use, ensure the hair is clean, dry and tangle-free.
- For extra protection use a heat protection spray.
- Hairsprays contain flammable material - do not use while using this product.
- Section the hair prior to styling. Style the lower layers first.
- Your straightener can also be used without activating the Hydracare function.
- Before operating the Hydracare function, the reservoir must be filled with water.
- DO NOT operate Hydracare function if the reservoir is empty.
- Unplug your straightener before filling the reservoir.
- Beware of the the hot plates if your straightener has been in use. 1. Lift the front end of the reservoir upwards slightly (fig. A). 2. Slide the reservoir forwards and lift out (fig. B). 3. Gently open the plug using the tab and fill with water using the pipette provided (fig. C). 4. Replace the plug securely and dry off any excess water on your hands and the outside of the reservoir. 5. Replace the reservoir into the body of the straightener and press it downwards until it clicks into place.
- To prolong the life of the product we recommend using filtered or distilled water ONLY. Using 1. Plug the product into the mains power supply.
- When the styler is plugged in but not turned on, a lock symbol Lwill show on the display indicating the styler is in standby mode. 2. Press and hold the on/off (C) button to switch on.
- To use the Hydracare function see Using the Hydracare Function below. 3. Select the appropriate temperature for your hair type using the +/- controls on the side of the product. Start styling at on lower temperatures first. 4. The ‘+’ button will increase the temperature and the ‘-’ button will decrease the temperature. Recommended temperatures when the Hydracare function is turned off Temperature Hair type 150°C - 170°C Thin / fine, damaged or bleached hair 170°C - 190°C Normal, healthy hair 210°C - 230°C Thick, very curly and difficult to style hair
- Caution: the hottest temperatures should only be used by experienced stylers 5. The temperature on the display will stop flashing when the product is ready to use. 6. Working on one section at a time, run the straightener through the entire length of the hair without stopping. 7. After use, press and hold the on/off (C) button for two seconds to turn off then unplug the appliance.
- Before operating the Hydracare function, the reservoir must be filled with water. 1. Press and hold the Hydracare on/off switch ( ) for 2 seconds to activate. 2. The Hydracare icon ( ) will illuminate during styling.
- The recommended optimum temperature of 170°C is automatically selected. If required this can be overridden using the +/- controls on the side of the product. 3. The temperature on the digital display will stop flashing when the product is ready to use.
- IMPORTANT: In use, always ensure the Hydracare moisture mist outlet is facing downwards towards the end of the hair (fig. D). If the outlet is facing upwards towards the roots of your hair, your hair will be left damp and the performance of the straightener will be restricted. 4. When the plates are closed onto the hair, moisture in the form of a light mist is emitted from the outlet. 5. Working on one section at a time run the straightener through the entire length of the hair without stopping. Temperature Boost Function
- For quick touch ups of stubborn, hard to style sections.
- The temperature boost function boosts the temperature to 230°C.
- Hold the ‘+’ button for 2 seconds to operate.
- Caution: The highest temperature is not suitable for every hair type. If you plan to use this straightener on the boost setting of 230°C please test on a small section of your hair first. Temperature Lock Function
- Set the desired temperature by pressing +/- buttons and lock the temperature controls by pressing the ‘-‘ button for 2 seconds. A L symbol will appear next to the temperature.
- To unlock the temperature controls, press and hold the ‘-‘ button again for 2 second."
Hazards and Cautions
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been supervised/instructed and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and cable out of reach of children under 8 years. B Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- When the appliance is used in a bathroom, unplug it after use since the proximity of water presents a hazard even when the appliance is switched off.
- For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom*. * Currently, the fitting in a bathroom of an electrical socket suitable or capable of operating the appliance is not permitted in the UK (see BS7671).
- Burn hazard. Keep the appliance out of reach from young children, particularly during use and while cooling down.
- Never leave the appliance unattended when it is connected to the power supply.
- Always place the appliance with its stand, if any, on a heat-resistant, stable flat surface.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not allow any part of the appliance touch the face, neck or scalp.
- Keep the power plug and cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use attachments other than those we supply.
- Do not use the appliance if it is damaged or malfunctions.
- Do not twist or kink the cable, or wrap it round the appliance. Check the cord regularly for any signs of damage.
- CAUTION: Always remove the appliance from the storage pouch/sleeve before heating and allow it to fully cool before placing it back.
- This appliance is not intended for commercial or salon use.