Remington Hydraluxe Hair Straightener S8091
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 396 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Create beautiful results and healthy styles with the HYDRAluxe Straightener. Its moisture lock coated plates help to preserve the hair’s perfect balance of moisture with every glide. The Hydracare temperature setting lets you style at a lower temperature, so you won’t have to worry about excessive heat damage.
How to use
- Before use, ensure the hair is clean, dry and tangle-free.
- For extra protection use a heat protection spray.
- Hairsprays contain flammable material - do not use while using this product.
- Section the hair prior to styling. Style the lower layers first.
2. When your straightener is plugged in but not turned on the lock symbol B will come on to show that it is in standby mode.
3. Press and hold the on/off (C) button to switch on.
4. Select the appropriate temperature for your hair type using the “+” and “-” temperature controls on the side of the product. Start styling on lower temperatures first.
5. The “+” button will increase the temperature and the “-” button will decrease the temperature. Recommended Temperatures Temperature Hair type 150°C - 170°C Thin / fine, damaged or bleached hair 170°C - 200°C Normal, healthy hair 200°C - 230°C Thick and difficult to style hair Caution: the hottest temperatures should only be used by experienced stylers.
6. The temperature bars and digital display will stop flashing when the desired temperature is reached.
7. Working on one section at a time, run the straightener through the entire length of the hair without stopping.
8. The negative ions will be released onto the hair with every stroke.
9. Only repeat twice per section to prevent damage to the hair. • After use, press and hold the on/off (C) button to turn off then unplug the appliance. Hydracare Setting
- The Hydracare setting gently styles the hair at a lower temperature for healthier styling.
- To activate, press and hold ‘+’ for 2 seconds, this automatically selects the temperature at 185ºC for healthier styling. HC will appear on the screen. Temperature Lock Function • Set the desired temperature using the + and - buttons then lock the settings by pressing the “-” button for 2 seconds. The B symbol will appear on the temperature display.
- To unlock the temperature setting, press and hold the “-” button for 2 seconds."
Hazards and Cautions
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been supervised/instructed and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and cable out of reach of children under 8 years. B Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- When the appliance is used in a bathroom, unplug it after use since the proximity of water presents a hazard even when the appliance is switched off.
- For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom*. * Currently, the fitting in a bathroom of an electrical socket suitable or capable of operating the appliance is not permitted in the UK (see BS7671).
- Burn hazard. Keep the appliance out of reach from young children, particularly during use and while cooling down.
- Never leave the appliance unattended when it is connected to the power supply.
- Always place the appliance with its stand, if any, on a heat-resistant, stable flat surface.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not allow any part of the appliance touch the face, neck or scalp.
- Keep the power plug and cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use attachments other than those we supply.
- Do not use the appliance if it is damaged or malfunctions.
- Do not twist or kink the cable, or wrap it round the appliance. Check the cord regularly for any signs of damage.
- CAUTION: Always remove the appliance from the storage pouch/sleeve before heating and allow it to fully cool before placing it back.
- This appliance is not intended for commercial or salon use.