See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Orajel Extra Strength Dental gel is used to temporarily reduce the pain of toothache associated with a broken tooth or in a tooth where you may require a filling. Contains Benzocaine at a concentration of 20% w/w.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Adults and children 12 years and over: Remove cap, cut open tip of tube, and with a clean finger or swab, apply a small amount of gel (about the size of a green pea) to the affected area. Use up to 4 times daily.
This medicine is not for use by children below the age of 12 years.
Do not use if the tube is damaged.
Do not use for more than 4 days at a time.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you take this medicine
Make sure it is dsafe for you to apply Orajel Extra Strenght. Do not take this medicine if:
- You have had an allergic reaction to Benzocaine or any of the ingredients in the gel, particularly Sorbic acid. An allergic reaction may include a rash, stinging, swelling or itching. This product contains Sorbic acid, which may cause local skin reactions (e.g. Contact Dermatitis).
- You have been told by your doctor that you have difficulty convertin a component of your blood called methaemglobin to haemoglobin. Please don't be worried, Most people taking this medicine will not experience any problems.
- You are taking antibiotics called Sulponamides, for example Co-trimoxazole, as Benzocaine may prevent them from working well.
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
There are no special precautions for storage.
Do not use your medicine if the tube or pack is damaged or after the expiry date printed on the pack.
Do not exceed the recommened dose.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredients: Benzocaine 20% w/w.
Also Contains: Polyethylene Glycol, Sodium Saccharin (E954), Sorbic Acid (E200), Clove Oil, Spearmint Flavour.