MyHealthChecked At Home COVID-19 PCR Swab Test Kit (for General Use and Fit To Fly)
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Use ‘Find in store’ below to see if it’s in stock near you.
Collect 186 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
MyHealthChecked At-Home COVID-19 PCR Swab Test Kit (for General Use and Fit To Fly)
This test is only available in Mainland UK and is not suitable for customers in Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands or Islands or Channel Islands.
The test kit is intended for asymptomatic testing only (i.e. for somebody who does not currently have COVID-19 symptoms).
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, think you may have COVID-19 or anyone in your household or support bubble have symptoms of COVID-19 or you have been told to isolate after contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID-19 please do not come into one of our stores and follow the most up to date government guidance.
Easy to use, gentle nasal swab, suitable for general testing or Fit to Fly*, results within 24-48 hours of lab receipt.
*This means you will receive a Fit to Fly certificate with this test.
If you’re planning to travel abroad, most countries will require a UK government approved negative test result for COVID-19 and the mandated Fit To Fly certification (you can check the restrictions for your destination on the UK Government website here. If you are travelling abroad, you are responsible for checking COVID-19 test entry requirements).
If being used for Fit To Fly, ensure you have your MyHealthChecked At-Home COVID-19 PCR Swab Test Kit at least 72 hours before you're due to travel to register it online and return your sample to the lab in the envelope provided.
The MyHealthChecked At-Home COVID-19 PCR Swab Test Kit is intended to be used for the collection, preservation and transport of cellular and/or other material collected via a nasal swab, for investigation by in vitro diagnostic procedures.
This is a single-use device.
The MyHealthChecked At Home COVID-19 PCR Swab Test Kit is suitable for all ages and can be used by both adults and children.
Adults aged 18 and over: self-test (unless unable to do so).
Teenagers aged 12 to 17: self-test with adult supervision.
An adult over 18 should perform the swab process for a child under 12 years of age.
Please ensure you follow the Instructions for Use leaflet, enclosed in the sample collection kit, before collecting your sample.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
• This bundle contains medicine(s), please read the product information before purchasing; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
• Seek advice before using if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies
How to use
Please read all instructions on the enclosed Instructions for Use leaflet carefully before collecting your sample.
How to collect your sample
1. Activate your test online at www.myhealthchecked.com/activate-kit before sample collection. Your sample should be collected on the same day as you post it via a Royal Mail Priority post box. Note: if you are helping someone else to collect a swab sample for testing, please ensure the details completed are for the person whose sample is being returned to the laboratory.
2. Check that your sample collection kit contains all the items as listed in the Instructions for Use leaflet.
3. Complete your name and date of birth on the biohazard ShuttlePouch and tube of PrimeStore® MTM inactivation media. By recording these details, it will help MyHealthChecked locate your sample using a 2-factor authentication in case of any queries.
Note: Please ensure the details provided match the details registered online (as defined in step 1).
4. Ensure you post the sample back to the laboratory on the same day as sample collection via a Royal Mail Priority post box. To find your nearest Priority Postbox and collection times, visit www.royalmail.com/services-near-you.
5. Ensure you have read and understood the Instructions for Use before collecting your sample.
6. Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, please use hand sanitiser and apply thoroughly.
7. Check your nose and gently remove any visible mucus with a tissue.
8. Hold the ShuttlePouchTM so that you have a clear view of the PrimeStore® MTM tube inside, visually check the white pad behind the tube for any signs of leakage such as discoloration or crystallisation. If there are signs of leakage do not remove the tube from the ShuttlePouch, seal the ShuttlePouch and do not proceed with the sample collection. Place the Shuttlepouch back inside the box, and dispose in your household waste. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and advise them of the barcode number on the damaged tube. If there are no signs of leakage, remove the tube of PrimeStore® MTM, place on a clean surface and proceed to section 9.
9. Carefully remove the flocked swab from the packaging ensuring the tip of the swab does not touch any external surfaces.
10. Gently insert the tip of the swab into your nostril until you feel gentle resistance. Hold the shaft of the swab and rotate 5 times for approximately 10 seconds, ensuring the tip of the swab is always in contact with the nasal wall. Carefully withdraw the swab and repeat this process with the other nostril. Do not force the swab any further up into your nose whilst you are swabbing.
11. Immediately uncap the tube of PrimeStore® MTM taking care not to spill the contents or touch any external surfaces with the tip of the swab. In the case of a spillage refer to the ‘Warning’ section for guidance.
12. Insert the swab into the PrimeStore® MTM tube ensuring the tip of the swab is submerged into the solution, then snap the shaft of the swab at the breakpoint.
13. Re-cap the tube of PrimeStore® MTM and gently invert the tube for 3-5 seconds.
14. Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, please use hand sanitiser and apply thoroughly.
15. Place the tube of PrimeStore® MTM back into the ShuttlePouch following the instructions shown on the front of the pouch. Place the sealed ShuttlePouch back inside the box and close the box.
16. Adhere the pre-paid postage label to the UN3373 posting bag, place the closed box inside and seal the bag.
17. Return your pre-paid UN3373 posting bag to your nearest Royal Mail Priority Postbox on the same day as taking your sample (find your nearest Priority Postbox and collection times by visiting: www.royalmail.com/services-near-you). Please ensure you write down the tracking number on your pre-paid envelope to track online at www.royalmail.com. If you are using an alternative courier service, please follow their instructions for sample delivery/collection.
Please note that your sample will not be viable unless it is received at the laboratory within 7 days of sample collection.
(For support on inconclusive results please contact email@example.com)
Item will be delivered to the customer's home or choice of address.
Our delivery times are:
Standard delivery- Usually delivered within 5 working days 8am - 9pm (Some postcodes may have an extended delivery time.)
Next day- Available on orders placed before 6pm (when available at the checkout). Orders placed after 6pm Mon-Fri or anytime Sat / Sun will not be delivered next day. The earliest delivery date for these orders will be shown at the checkout. (Not available to all postcodes.)
What is included
1 x Sterile CE marked flocked swab
1 x 5.0ml tube containing 1.5ml of PrimeStore MTM inactivation media within a labelled biohazard ShuttlePouch containing an absorbant pad
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Essential Checklist card
1 x Return postage bag
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use the sample collection kit if any components listed are missing or damaged, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not allow the PrimeStore® MTM media to come into contact with skin, eyes or any external surface.
- Do not ingest PrimeStore® MTM.
- If PrimeStore® MTM comes into contact with skin, wash the affected area with soap and water for several minutes, seek medical attention if required.
- If PrimeStore® MTM comes into contact with eyes, rinse the eye thoroughly with running water whilst protecting the unaffected eye for at least 15 minutes – Seek immediate ophthalmic treatment.
- If PrimeStore® MTM is ingested, do not induce vomiting, never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person, rinse out mouth and give plenty of water to drink – seek immediate medical attention.
- If you experience any symptoms after coming into contact with PrimeStore® MTM, seek immediate medical attention.
Store at room temperature.
Use within 12 months of receiving the kit. Check expiry date on the PrimeStore® MTM media barcode label.
*In relation to the sale of this test kit, Boots is acting as an agent for and on behalf of Concepta Diagnositcs Limited. Please note that you are purchasing the test kit directly from Concepta Diagnositcs Limited, and the cost of the test kit is paid directly to Concepta Diagnositcs Limited. You are bound by their terms and conditions, which can be found at https://myhealthchecked.com/terms-conditions/. Concepta Diagnositcs Limited will be responsible for analysing the sample you send to them and Boots will not have access to any results. Boots will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result of a failed or inconclusive test.
Please note that any results from the test will be shared with Public Health England and added to the National Database.
We recommend that you read the information on the service page prior to purchase.
The Information Leaflet and Instructions for use can be found here.
For enquiries on the purchase and delivery of this kit please call us on 0345 121 2837.
For any enquiries after delivery please contact Concepta Diagnositcs Limited on 02033 652067.
Product available as part of a bundle offer