See details below, always read the label.
Women of child bearing age.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 21 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Lovima is a progestogen-only contraceptive pill (POP) used to prevent pregnancy in women of child bearing age.
Women of child bearing age.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
How to use: It is important to take one tablet at the same time each day until the pack is empty. Then start a new pack on the next day without a break.
If you have taken Lovima before, tell your pharmacist if:
- you are taking or have been prescribed any new medicines
- there have been any changes in your health
- there have been any changes in your bleeding patterns.
Hazards and Cautions
DO NOT TAKE if you:
- are pregnant or may be pregnant. If you are unsure talk to your pharmacist
- have a thrombosis (blood clot)
- have or have had jaundice or severe liver disease
- have or are suspected of having a sex-steroid sensitive cancer (e.g. breast cancer)
- have any unexplained vaginal bleeding are allergic to peanuts or soya
- are allergic to desogestrel, lactose, or any of the ingredients in Lovima.
Tell your pharmacist before taking if you:
- are taking any other medicines or herbal products or have taken emergency contraception within the last 5 days
- have ever had breast cancer
- have liver cancer or other liver disorders
- have diabetes or high blood pressure
- have ever had a thrombosis (blood clot).
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
This is a medicine;
• Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
• Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or suffer from allergies
Active Ingredient: Each tablet contains 75 microgram desogestrel.