Galpharm Nicotine Replace 2mg Peppermint Flavour 36 Lozenges
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults & children aged 12 & over
Active ingredients: Nicotine
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Use ‘Find in store’ below to see if it’s in stock near you.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Galpharm Nicotine Replace 2mg Nicotine 36 Lozenges
These lozenges are for smokers who smoke their first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up.
The lozenges are part of a programme designed to support your wish to stop smoking. The programme contains 3 steps, which you will need to follow, starting with step 1, then step 2, then step 3. Using the lozenges at regular intervals gives your body the nicotine you need to help stop you smoking.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
For oral use. The lozenge is designed to be dissolved in the mouth; normally this takes about 30 minutes. Full instructions are given in the enclosed leaflet.
|STEP 1||STEP 2||STEP 3|
|Weeks 1 to 6||Weeks 7 to 9||Weeks 10 to 12|
|Initial treatment period||Step down treatment period||Step down treatment period|
|1 lozenge every 1 to 2 hours||1 lozenge every 2 to 4 hours||1 lozenge to every 4 to 8 hours|
- For best results try to take a lozenge in situations when you are strongly tempted to smoke.
- During Step 1 (weeks 1 to 6) use at least 9 lozenges a day.
- Do not use more than one lozenge at a time.
- Do not use more than 15 lozenges per day.
- Do not eat or drink whilst taking a lozenge.
Adults and the elderly:
Use the lozenges according to the above timetable, which is designed to gradually reduce the number of lozenges you use.
As adult dosage for a 12 week period only.
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Note: You are more likely to quit smoking when using this product with help from your pharmacist, doctor, a trained counsellor, or a support programme.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use this medicine if you:
- Are allergic to nicotine or any of the other ingredients
- Suffer from phenylketonuria (the lozenges contain a source of phenylalanine, which may be harmful to you)
- Are a non-smoker
- Are taking any other nicotine containing products.
- Are under the care of your doctor or are receiving a prescribed medicine
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy
- Are diabetic.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
Do not store above 25ºC. Store in the original package.
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active Ingredient: Each compressed lozenge contains 2 mg nicotine (as nicotine resinate 13.33 mg).
Also contains: aspartame (E951) and mannitol (E421).
Each lozenge contains 15 mg of sodium.
See enclosed leaflet for further information.