Nicorette Freshmint 4mg Nicotine Gum 105 pieces
Save £4 on selected Nicorette
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children 12 years and over
Active Ingredients: Nicotine.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Collect 36 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Use: This product strength is suitable for those smoking more than 20 cigarettes a day.
Nicorette freshmint 4mg gum is used to relieve and/or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking or when cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke. It provides a safer alternative to smoking for both the individual and those around them.
Ideally you should aim to stop smoking. However this product can be used in a number of different ways, either to completely replace all your cigarettes, or if you do not feel ready to stop smoking completely, to replace certain cigarettes and therefore help you to cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke. It may also help increase your motivation to quit.
Adults and children 12 years and over
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
- Most people use between 8 and 12 pieces of gum a day
- You should not use more than 15 pieces a day
- Use only one piece of gum at a time
- Chew a piece of Nicorette Gum when you feel the urge to smoke
- Only use one gum at a time and use the Nicorette Chewing Technique
The Nicorette Chewing Technique:
- Chew slowly until taste becomes strong
- Rest between gum and cheek
- Chew again when the taste has faded
- Keep chewing like this for about half an hour
- After this time the gum will have lost its strength and you should dispose of it carefully
Hazards and Cautions
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Do not use Nicorette Gum if you have an allergy to nicotine or any of the other ingredients in your Nicorette Gum.
You should consult your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before using Nicorette Gum if:
- you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- you have heart disease (including heart attack and disorders of heart rate and/or rhythm) or have suffered a stroke for which you are in hospital
- you have high blood pressure that is not adequately controlled by treatment
- you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer and/or inflammation of the oesophagus
- you have serious liver or kidney disease
- you have an overactive thyroid gland or have a phaeochromocytoma
- you have diabetes
- you are taking any other medicines such as theophylline, clozapine or ropinirole
- you have been told you have an intolerance to certain sugars
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
4mg nicotine, as nicotine resinate.
Active ingredient: 4mg nicotine, as nicotine resinate.
Also Contains: Core Gum: Polacrilin, Chewing gum base, containing butylated hydroxy toluene (E321), Xylitol, Peppermint oil, Sodium carbonate, anhydrous, Acesulfame Potassium, Levomenthol, Magnesium oxide, light, Quinoline yellow Al lake (E104), Talcum, Nitrogen, food grade. Coating: Xylitol, Peppermint oil, Acacia, Titanium dioxide (E171), Carnauba wax, Quinoline yellow Al lake (E104).