If you need to cancel or rebook your appointment, please click here or contact the store in which your appointment was booked.
Safe appointments at Boots
Whether it’s opticians, pharmacy or hearingcare, find out how we’re offering our services to help keep you safe
In line with changes made on the 30 November 2021, by the Government in England our stores are set up to help keep everyone safe, especially in our close contact areas, such as Pharmacy, Opticians and Hearingcare.
What should I expect when I go to store for my appointment?
Keeping our customers and colleagues safe has, and will continue to remain, our top priority.
Colleagues in our close contact areas will continue to be wearing face coverings, and we require customers who are visiting these areas to do the same, especially at times when the store may be busy.
We will continue to:
• Provide colleagues with personal protective equipment (PPE) to care for customers safely
• Maintain cleaning routines throughout the day
• Keep hand sanitising stations in store for customers to use
• Keep perspex screens at tills & pharmacy counters
You can find more information about booking an appointment for opticians, hearingcare or pharmacy services here.
What should I do about my appointment if I have COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms?
To help protect our customers and colleagues, please don’t book an appointment or come into store for your appointment if you have COVID-19 or if:
• You or anyone in your household have a high temperature, new continuous cough, or loss or change in sense of taste or smell
• You’ve had recent, close contact with anyone who is now self-isolating as a result of possible or confirmed COVID-19
• You’re a frontline worker, who’s been exposed to COVID-19 without wearing adequate PPE
Instead, please contact the store, or visit https://www.boots.com/myappts to cancel your appointment and rebook for a later date.
Important appointment information
Please read below for more detailed appointment information, along with videos highlighting what you can expect when you come into a Boots store.
At Boots we are continuing to take the required extra precautions to keep you and our colleagues safe, so you can book your appointment with confidence. You can book online here or find your nearest store
IMPORTANT: Please provide your contact details so that we can contact you before your appointment to prioritise your eye care needs.
Please do not book an appointment if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19.
Here at Boots, we’re continuing to take extra precautions to keep you and our colleagues safe, in line with the latest guidance for healthcare providers. Therefore we politely ask that all customers continue to wear a face mask to appointments and maintain social distancing measures whilst in our stores. Doing so means we are confident that we can look after your eyes, your vision and your health.
If you’re experiencing eye symptoms that suggest that you need to be seen urgently e.g. flashing lights, floating spots in your vision, pain, loss of vision, and you have symptoms of COVID-19, please contact NHS 111.
When you come to store for your appointment please be assured that we will continue to have all of the necessary safety measures in place to keep you and our colleagues safe in line with the latest guidance for healthcare providers:
• Our colleagues will continue to wear the necessary PPE and face masks
• We require you to wear a face mask
• Social distancing remains in place
• Enhanced sanitising and cleaning procedures continue
We want you to attend your appointment with confidence so, we want to reassure you we will continue to take extra precautions in our clinics to help keep customers and colleagues safe. To avoid you having to wait to be seen, we recommend you book an appointment here or by calling 0345 270 1600
Please do not book or attend an appointment if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19.
When you attend your appointment, we ask that you respect our continuing safety measures to keep you, our other customers and our colleagues safe. In line with the latest guidance for healthcare settings:
- Our colleagues will continue to wear the necessary PPE and face masks
- We require you to wear a face mask throughout your appointment (unless exempt)
- Social distancing remains in place so we ask you to attend your appointment alone (if possible)
- Enhanced sanitising and cleaning procedures continue
Our teams are ready to take your calls and help with any questions or concerns you have. If you’d prefer, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We’re currently experiencing a high volume of emails so it may take longer than usual for us to get back to you. As ever, thank you for your patience and our team will be in touch as soon as they can.
For any pharmacy appointments, please arrive just in time for your appointment, to avoid having to wait too long in and around the pharmacy. You’ll be asked to wait in a waiting area where chairs may be spaced two metres apart, to maintain social distancing. You may be asked to complete part of your appointment outside of the consultation room, or inside the consultation room with the door open, but only with your permission. Your appointment may take a little longer than previous appointments as colleagues will need extra time between appointments to clean the consultation room and change their PPE.
• Wear a short sleeved top if you’ll be having a vaccination
• Wear a face mask or covering during your consultation. You can bring your own or use a face mask provided by the pharmacy. The colleague who you will have your appointment with will also be wearing a face mask.
If your child will be with you at your appointment, bring a toy or other means of distraction to keep them busy.
*Please note all calls will be recorded or monitored for quality and training purposes. Local rates apply from BT landlines in the UK, other provider's charges may vary. Please check with your provider for details