Oral intestinal adsorbent.
Oral suspension for the treatment of:
• acute diarrhoea (stomach bugs, Travellers’ diarrhoea)
• irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea (IBS-D)
Reduces duration of acute diarrhoea and provides effective relief of the main symptoms of IBS-D: diarrhoea, abdominal pain, bloating and urgency.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
ENTEROSGEL® is an oral intestinal adsorbent based on organic mineral. It works in the gut physically binding to toxic and harmful substances (e.g. bacterial toxins) and removing them from the gut, reducing stool frequency and duration of diarrhoea.
ENTEROSGEL® is not absorbed by the body and is expelled with the stool, this way eliminating the adsorbed toxins and harmful substances, which can be beneficial for the treatment of acute diarrhoea and IBS-D.
ENTEROSGEL® is an oral suspension indicated for the symptomatic treatment of acute diarrhoea and the treatment of the main symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea (IBS-D).
Preservatives, gluten, sugar, sweeteners, lactose, fat, flavours, colouring, plant or animal-derived ingredients.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
FOR ORAL ADMINISTRATION
Take ENTEROSGEL® treatment 1-2 hours before or after a meal and 2 hours before or after taking oral medications.
Shake the tube well before opening and each use.
Dilute the dose in water of room temperature prior to its administration.
DURATION AND DOSAGE:
• Under 1 year old: 2.5g (≈ ½ teaspoon) diluted in 7.5-15ml of water 3 times a day*.
• 1–6 years old: 5g (≈ 1 teaspoon) diluted in 50–100ml of water 3 times a day*.
• 7–14 years old: 10g (2 teaspoons) diluted in 50–100ml of water 3 times a day.
*0–3 years old it is advisable to consult a doctor prior to use of ENTEROSGEL®.
FOR CHILDREN 15+ AND ADULTS:
• 15g to 22.5g (1 tablespoon) diluted in 200ml of water 3 times a day.
Duration of treatment with ENTEROSGEL® is 3–5 days for acute diarrhoea and up to 30 days for medically diagnosed IBS-D followed by a 3 day break.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not take ENTEROSGEL®: if you are currently using modified-release orally administrated medications, if you have intestinal atony (severe constipation due to bowel obstruction), intestinal blockage, or intolerance based on prior use of ENTEROSGEL®.
Known side effects:
If there is fever, blood in your stools, signs of dehydration, six or more episodes of diarrhoea in the last 24 hours, diarrhoea and vomiting at the same time, or a severe or continuous stomach ache, seek medical advice as soon as possible, especially in children.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
ENTEROSGEL® can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please, consult your doctor before taking ENTEROSGEL®.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
• Close the lid of the tube tightly after opening and after each use to avoid drying.
• Use tube within 30 days after opening.
• Do not use after the expiry date on the package.
• Store ENTEROSGEL® at temperature between 4°C and 30°C.
• Do not freeze.
• Keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
• The expiration date on the package refers to the unopened product when properly stored.
ENTEROSGEL® is based on organic mineral: 70% polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate, 30% purified water.