Enterosgel 225g Tube
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 84 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
ORAL SUSPENSION FOR THE SYMPTOMATIC TREATMENT OF ACUTE DIARRHOEA AND CHRONIC IBS DIARRHOEA
MECHANISM OF ACTION
ENTEROSGEL is an oral intestinal adsorbent (enterosorbent). It is based on organic mineral with adsorption capacity towards some toxic and harmful substances in the gut (e.g. endotoxins, enterotoxins), physically binding them to its surface, reducing stool frequency and duration of diarrhoea.
ENTEROSGEL is expelled from the body with the stool, this way eliminating the adsorbed toxins from the body with the stool, this way eliminating the adsorbed toxins and harmful substances, which can be beneficial for treatment of indicated conditions of acute diarrhoea and chronic IBS diarrhoea.
ENTEROSGEL is an oral suspension indicated for the symptomatic treatment of acute diarrhoea and chronic diarrhoea associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Preservatives, gluten, sugar, sweeteners, lactose, fat, flavours, colouring, plant or animal-derived ingredients
Suitable for adults and children 6 years and over
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- Take ENTEROSGEL treatment 2 hours before or after a meal and taking oral medications
- Shake the tube well before opening and each use
- Dilute the dose in water of room temperature prior to its administration.
- 1-3 years old it is advisable to consult a doctor prior to use of ENTEROSGEL
- 1-6 years old: 5g (approximately 1 teaspoon) diluted in 50-100ml of water 3 times a day.
- 7-14 years old: 10g (approximately 2 teaspoons) diluted in 200ml of water 3 times a day.
- 15g to 22.5g (approximately 1 teaspoon) diluted in 200ml of water 3 times a day.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not take ENTEROSGEL, if you have intestinal atony (severe constipation due to bowel obstruction), intestinal blockage, intolerance based on prior use of ENTEROSGEL, or if you are currently using modified-release orally administrated medications.
Known side effects:
In cases of acute diarrhoea accompanied by fever, especially in children, seek medical advice as soon as possible.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
ENTEROSGEL can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It is advisable to consult with your healthcare professional if you are unwell during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Close the lid of the tube tightly after opening and after each use to avoid drying.
- Use tube within 30 days after opening.
- Do not use after the expiry date on the package.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store ENTEROSGEL at temperature between 4C and 30C.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
- The expiration date on the package refers to the unopened product when properly stored.
ENTEROSGEL is based on organic mineral: 70% polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate, 30% purified water.