In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
All you need for a less painful needle experience.
Adults, Adolescents and Children
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
EMLA cream instructions for application.
Apply at least 60 minutes before insertion of needle. Read the package leaflet before use.
1. Squeeze ½ tube in a mound on the area to be anaesthetised. Do not rub in.
2. Peel the beige-coloured ‘centre cut-out’ from the dressing.
3. Peel the paper layer (marked 3M Tegaderm) from the dressing.
4. Apply the adhesive dressing with its paper frame to cover the EMLA. Do not spread the cream.
5. Remove the paper frame using the cut mark. Smooth down the edges of the dressing carefully and leave in place for at least 60 mins. The time of application can be written on the occlusive dressing.
6. After 60 mins (maximum 5 hours), remove the dressing. Wipe off the EMLA. Clean entire area with alcohol and begin procedure.
Hazards and Cautions
Read the package leaflet before use.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
Do not store above 30°C. Do not freeze
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active ingredients: Each gram contains Lidocaine 25mg, Prilocaine 25mg
Also contains: macrogolglycerol hydroxystearate, carbomer, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
See leaflet for further information.
Emla Numbing Cream