Dioralyte Citrus - 6 Sachets
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for Adults and children
Active ingredients; Sodium Chloride
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Use ‘Find in store’ below to see if it’s in stock near you.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Dioralyte is indicated for the replacement of essential body water and salts in the treatment of acute diarrhoea in infants, children and adults. Early use is important to avoid dehydration, particularly in the young and elderly.
Dioralyte contains glucose and salts (these are Sodium chloride, Potassium chloride and Disodium hydrogen citrate). The powder is mixed with water before taking.
Adults and children
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
Dissolve contents of one Dioralyte sachet in 200ml (approx. 7 fl oz) of drinking water. Use fresh drinking water for adults and children. For infants, and where drinking water is unavailable, the water should be freshly boiled then cooled.
The solution should be made up immediately before use. If refrigerated the solution may be stored for up to 24 hours, otherwise any solution remaining one hour after reconstitution should be discarded. Dioralyte should only be reconstitued with water and to the volume stated. A lesser or greater dilution may result in electrolyte imbalance.
1. Empty the contents of 1 sachet into a glass.
2. Add 200 ml (7 fl oz) of water.
3. Stir until the powder dissolves.
When your medicine is fully dissolved, the drink will be a colourless solution.
How many sachets to take:
- If you are being sick take the medicine in small sips
- It is best not to eat during the early stages of diarrhoea
- If the diarrhoea lasts for more than 24 to 48 hours see your doctor
Adults (including elderly): One or two sachets after every loose motion (each sachet dissolved in 200mls of water).
Children: One sachet after every loose motion.
Babies up to the age of 2: This medicine should only be given under the guidance of a doctor
- The doctor will calculate how much to give your baby, depending on how much they weigh. This is usually about one to one and a half times the amount of fluid your baby normally has in 24 hours.
- Initially, if you are bottle feeding or giving other foods this should be stopped
- If you are breast feeding, continue to feed normally. Your baby may need less breast milk so you may need to express some of your milk
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure how much to give
- If your baby is being sick, you can give 5-10 ml (one or two teaspoons) every 5 minutes. This is gradually increased until they are able to drink normally.
Always use water which has been freshly boiled and cooled for babies aged 3 months to 1 year.
Hazards and Cautions
If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction, diabetes, kidney or liver failure, or are on a low potassium or sodium diet, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using Dioralyte.
Do not use more or less than 200 ml of water. If you do, the drink will become too weak or too strong. It will not work as well. You may also upset the balance of salts in your body.
Infants under the age of 2 years with diarrhoea should be seen by a physician as soon as possible.
The drink should be made up just before it is going to be taken. Throw away any remaining drink after 1 hour (or 24 hours if stored in a refrigerator).
Medicines should not be disposed og via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Do not use Dioralyte after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and sachet after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
Store below 25ºC
Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or if you suffer from allergies.
Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Glucose, Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
Active Ingredients: Each sachet contains Sodium Chloride 0.47g, Potassium Chloride 0.30g, Glucose 3.56g, Disodium Hydrogen Citrate 0.53g.
Also contains: Silicon dioxide, Saccharin Sodium, Citrus flavour (Lemon and lime).