Dermalex Psoriasis Scalp Treatment Gel - 75g Pack
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 54 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
A skin-friendly and effective gel for the treatment of scalp psoriasis. Helps reduce scaling and plaques, moisturises and helps restore your skin’s protective barrier.
- Absorbs easily, non-greasy
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Related product: Dermalex Psoriasis cream
- This product is a medical device
How it Works
Dermalex Psoriasis Scalp gel is specially designed for easy use on hair-covered skin. Its key ingredients are the same as in Dermalex Psoriasis cream, at a lower concentration, optimized for scalp psoriasis.
Half of all people who suffer from psoriasis develop scalp psoriasis. The symptoms can vary from fine scaling to thick, crusted plaques covering the entire scalp. This condition can extend beyond the hairline onto the forehead, down the neck and around the ears.
It has the same unique triple action:
- Helps normalize skin cell production, tackling the cause of the disease [17,18].
- Helps restore the skin barrier and creates a protective layer on top of the skin to seal in moisture.
- Helps reduce patching, scaling and itching, and stimulates the skin’s own repair mechanism.
How to Use
- Use the gel twice a day, in the morning and the evening. There is a special nozzle on the tube for easy application to the hairline. Push the hair away as much as possible, apply to your scalp and spread the gel in a swirling motion with your fingertips. Let it dry and do not wash out until your next shower or bath.
- Suitable for daily use as long as the symptoms persist.
- You can use Dermalex Scalp Psoriasis long-term . The gel is not visible in your hair, and does not color or cause depigmentation of the skin. It will also not stain your clothes.
- When using the product for the first time, please remove the existing cap from the tube and attach the included nozzle cap for a convenient and precise application. The nozzle cap can remain on the tube after usage and can be opened/closed by twisting the nozzle cap.
Cautions and Warnings
- For external use only
- For single patient use
- Do not use on severe open wounds
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- It is advised to use the products on children (above 6 years old) only under parental guidance
- Do not use in case of known allergies to one of the ingredients
- In the unlikely event of any adverse skin reaction or allergy, discontinue use
- Always wash your hands before usage
- Do not use on intimate area
- Do not expose the product to a heating source, extreme cold or direct sunlight
- Store at room temperature
- Not suitable for children under 6 years old.
- As a possible side effect, a slight stinging sensation might be noticeable during the first few applications. This is normal and transient.
- Please consult your healthcare professional in the case of the following:
- Product will be used in combination with other treatments
- Severe, hyper-acute symptoms of psoriasis
- Side-effects or allergic reactions occur
- In case of discomfort or adverse skin reaction
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Symptoms don’t improve after 4 weeks of treatment
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Please read the full instruction for use before using the product.
Suitable from 6 years of age or older.
How to use
Dermalex Psoriasis Scalp Treatment gel should be used twice daily in the morning and evening. The special nozzle on the tube is designed to make applying the gel to the hairline easy. Simply push away as much hair as possible and apply to the scalp, spreading in a swirling motion with the fingertips. Allow to dry and do not wash out until you next have a shower or bath. The gel is suitable for daily use for as long as the symptoms persist.
Hazards and Cautions
For external use only. For single patient use. Do not use on severe open wounds. Keep out of reach and sight of children. Only use on children above 6 years old under parental guidance. Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients. Discontinue use in the event of an allergic reaction. Always wash your hands first. Do not use on intimate areas
Store at room temperature (below 25ºC).
Purified water, MagneoLite complex (Modified alumino-silicate minerals + alkaline earth mineral salts optimised for Scalp Psoriasis treatment), Glycerol, Cellulose gum, Octyldodecanol, Phytoshingosine, Dehydroacetic acid, Benzoyl Alcohol.