Buscopan IBS Relief - 20 tablets
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children aged 12 years and over.
Active Ingredients: Hyoscine butylbromide
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Use ‘Find in store’ below to see if it’s in stock near you.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you will need to be in to sign for this delivery
Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets belong to a group of medicines called antispasmodics, which are used to relieve painful colicky aching and spasm in the bowel associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Irritable Bowel Syndrome (often just called IBS), the muscles of the bowel appear to be very sensitive to factors such as emotional stress and anxiety, or food intolerance. This sensitivity can cause painful cramps or spasms in the bowel, which are short lived (bouts, rarely lasting more than a day or so), with an accompanying bloated feeling, excess wind and abdominal discomfort. Sometimes IBS causes periods of diarrhoea or constipation.
Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet before use.
Adults and children 12 years and over: Swallow the tablet whole with water. Do not chew it.
Hazards and Cautions
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Before taking Buscopan IBS Relief:
Only take Buscopan IBS Relief if your doctor has diagnosed that you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Do not take Buscopan IBS Relief if you:
- have glaucoma (an eye condition), megacolon (a very enlarged bowel) or myasthenia gravis (a very rare muscle weakness condition)
- are allergic to hyoscine butylbromide or any of the other ingredients of Buscopan IBS Relief.
- if you are aged 40 years or over and it is some time since your last attack of IBS or the symptoms are different this time
- if you have recently passed blood from the bowel
- if you suffer from severe constipation
- if you are feeling sick or vomiting
- if you have lost your appetite or lost weight
- if you have difficulty or pain passing urine
- if you have a fever
- if you have recently travelled abroad
- if you are pregnant or likely to become pregnant or if you are breast feeding.
- if you have a very fast heart rate or other heart problems
- if you have previously been treated by a doctor for a severe sweating disorder
- if you are taking an antidepressant, major tranquilliser, antihistamine, antiviral drug, dopamine antagonist (e.g. metclopramide), or a medicine to treat a heart problem.
- Buscopan IBS Relief can occasionally cause temporary vision problems. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
- If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredient: Hyoscine butylbromide 10mg