See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Our stores will remain open for everything you need, use 'Find in store' below to see if it's in stock near you.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
Boots Pharmaceuticals Pepti-calm Suspension Liquid relieves:
Suitable for adults and children of 16 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the seal is not broken before use. If it is, do not take the medicine.
Shake the bottle.
Use the measuring cup provided.
Suitable for adults and children or 16 years and over:
Swallow 30 ml every 30 to 60 minutes if you need to, up to a maximum of 8 times in 24 hours.
Do not give to children under 16 years.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If symptoms are severe talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
If symptoms do not go away within 2 days talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
If you take too much: talk to a doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you take this medicine
Do not take:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingrediants in the medicine, asprin or other non-steroidal anti inflammatory medicines.
- If you are taking medicines containing asprin
- If you have kidney problems or gout
- If you have intolerance to some sugars, unless your doctor tells you to (this medicine contains maltitol liquid)
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are on a controlled sodium diet (each 30ml contains 63mg of sodium)
- If you take other medicines - warfarin or other blood thinners, tablets for diabetes (e.g chlorpropamide, gilbenclamide), medicines to treat glot (e.g probenacid)
This medicine contains maltitol liquid which may have a mild laxative effect. Each 30ml contains 8g of maltitol.This provides 18 kcal per 30ml.
Glycerol may cause headaches, stomach upset and diarrhoea.The colour (E122) in this medicine may cause allergic reactions.
Possible side effects
Most people will not have any problems, but some may get some of these:
- Feel sick and being sick
- Darkening or blackning of the stools and tongue
Reporting side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on the label. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Do not store above 25°c
Use by the date on the label edge.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice if you suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active ingredients: Bismuth Subsalicylate.
Also Contains: Purified water, glycerol, Maltitol liquid (E965), microcrystaline cellulose, xanthan gum, citric acid monohydrate, carmellose sodium, sodium citrate, sodium benzoate (E211). carmoisine (E122), root beer flavour (containing propylene glycol).