Boots NicAssist 2 mg Lozenges
Use code JANQUIT to get free next day delivery when you spend £30 on selected Stop Smoking
See details below, always read the label. Requires willpower.
Suitable for: Adults aged 18 and over.
Active ingredients; Nicotine
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 52 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist 2mg Mint Lozenge Nicotine helps you beat the urge to smoke. For those who smoke over 30 cigarettes.
For the relief of the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal and to reduce the cravings for nicotine that you get when you try to stop smoking.
The 2mg lozenges are suitable for smokers with strong to very strong nicotine dependency such as those who smoke more than 30 cigarettes per day.
If you smoke between 20 and 30 cigarettes per day you can use the 2mg lozenges or the 1mg lozenges.However, if you smoke less than 20 cigarettes per day you should use the 1mg lozenges.
Adults aged 18 and over.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
The leaflet tells you how many lozenges you should be using and when and how you should use the lozenges. It also shows you the maximum amount of time you should be using Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) for.
Use the "How to suck the lozenge" instructions to make sure that you use the lozenge correctly. When you suck the lozenge, nicotine is released slowly and taken into the body through the lining of the mouth.
Adults of 18 years and over:
- Suck one lozenge every one to two hours when you feel the urge to smoke
- Most people use between 8 to 12 lozenges per day. However, if you still have an urge to smoke you can use more lozenges
- Don't use more than fifteen 2mg lozenges per day
- Do not chew or swallow the lozenges
- Suck a lozenge until the taste becomes strong
- Rest the lozenge between your gums and cheek
- Suck again when the taste has faded
- Repeat this routine until the lozenge dissolves completely (about 30 minutes)
Hazards and Cautions
Before you use this medicine.
Do not use:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
- If you are a non-smoker
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor:
- If you have heart problems or have had a stroke
- If you have liver, kidney or thyroid problems
- If you have high blood pressure, or problems with your circulation
- If you have a tumour near your kidney (phaeochromocytoma)
- If you have a stomach ulcer, or pain or swelling of the stomach or oesophagus
- If you have diabetes
- If you are taking any other medicines
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Do not store above 25C.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
Use by the date on the end flap of the carton.
Store in the original pack.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children
Active ingredients: Each compressed lozenge contains nicotine 2 mg (as nicotine bitartrate dihydrate)
Also contains: Maltitol (E965), aspartame (E951), sodium (9.8 mg per lozenge).