Boots NicAssist 1mg/Spray Mouth Spray Nicotine 17.2ml
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children over 12 years of age.
Active ingredients: nicotine.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 68 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
One spray contains 1mg nicotine.
What this medicine is for:
For the relief and/or prevention of the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal and the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking or when cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke. NicAssist mouth spray provides a safer alternative to smoking, for you and those around you, and can be used:
- When you stop smoking completely or cut down on the number of cigarettes you smoke while you try to give up, or
- If you feel unable to stop smoking completely but can't or don't want to smoke cigarettes, such as when you are indoors or when you want to avoid causing harm to those around you.
Adults and children of 12 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read and keep the enclosed leaflet before use.
Read all of the leaflet, which tells you how and when you should use this medicine, carefully before starting to use the mouth spray.
Adults and children of 12 years and over:
When you use the spray for the first time you must first prime the spray pump. Point the spray nozzle safely away from you, any adults, children or pets near you. Spray 5 times in the air until a fine spray appears. If you do not use the spray for 7 days, this priming procedure will need to be repeated.
1. Turn the spray nozzle to the side.
2. Direct the spray nozzle between the cheek and teeth, aiming for the inside of the cheek, avoiding the lips.
3. Spray one to two times and alter between the left and right cheeks. Do not inhale while spraying to avoid getting spray down your throat. For best results do not swallow for a few seconds after spraying.
Normal dosage is 1-2 sprays, every 30 minutes to 1 hour, when required.
Do not use more than 64 sprays a day.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
You are more likely to quit smoking when using this product with help from your pharmacist, doctor, a trained counsellor or a support programme.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you use this medicine:
Do not use:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed.
- Contains ethanol
- If you are a child under 12 years of age
Talk to your pharmacist, nurse or doctor:
- If you need any advice before using this medicine
- If you are pregnant
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not store above 25°C.
This is a medicine;
• Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
• Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active ingredients: One spray contains 1mg nicotine
Also contains: Sucralose, peppermint flavour, ethanol, glycerol, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, sodium hydroxide, water.