Boots Pharmaceuticals Mucus Cough Relief - 150ml
See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note you must be in to sign for this delivery
What this medicine is for.
Boots Pharmaceuticals Mucus cough relief contains guaifenesin, which belongs to a group of medicines called expectorants, which act to relieve thick, sticky mucus from the chest. It can be used to relieve mucus coughs without causing drowsiness.
Adults and children 12 years and over
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not take the medicine.
|Age||How much to take||How often to take|
|Adults and children of 12 years and over.||Two 5ml spoonfuls||Every four hours, up to 4 times a day.|
This medicine should be swallowed.
Do not give to children under 12 years.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If cough lasts more than 5 days, or comes back, stop taking this medicine and talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
If you take too much; Talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you take this medicine
Do not take:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
- If you are taking any other medicines to stop you coughing
- If you have a intolerance to some sugars, unless your doctor tells you to (this medicine contains Sucrose)
- If you have a long term cough or asthma (do not take this medicine if you are wheezing or if you are having an asthma attack)
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Other important information:
This medicine may interfere with the results of some urine tests, if you are having any urine tests, tell the doctor or hospital staff that you are taking this medicine.
Possible side effects
Most people will not have problems, but some may get some.
If you get any of these serious side effects, stop taking the medicine. See a doctor at once:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of the face, neck, tongue or throat (serve allergic reactions)
- Other allergic reactions (e.g. skin rash, red itchy skin)
- Feeling sick, being sick, stomach discomfort
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on this carton. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
- Do not store above 25°C
- Do not refrigerate or freeze
- Use by the date on the end flap of the carton or on the label edge.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Each 5ml of oral solution contains guaifenesin 100mg.
Active ingredient: Each 5ml of oral solution contains Guaifenesin 100mg.
Also contains: Purified water, Liquid sugar (Sucrose), Glycerol (E422), Citric acid, Sodium citrate, Hyetellose, Potassium sorbate (E202), Acesulfame potassium, Flavours (Cream, Blackcurrant, Menthol)
Important information about some of the ingredients: This medicine contains 1.8g of Sucrose per 5 ml spoonful. This should be taken into account if you have diabetes.
Glycerol may cause headache, stomach upset and diarrhoea.