Boots Direct to Skin Heat Patch (4 Patches)
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Effective warming relief, suitable for muscular aches and pains of the back and shoulder. *The heat action lasts for 8 hours and once removed, the pain relief can continue for a further 8 hours resulting in 16 hours pain relief. Each patch is thin and discreet, making them ideal for use on the go.
Up to 16 hours relief*
4 single use patches
Suitable for use on adults and children over the age of 12.
How to use
Read full instructions before use.
Directions for use
Ensure the application site is clean and dry.
Open the sachet by hand (do not cut) and remove the heat patch.
Peel away the protective film from the back of the patch.
Apply adhesive side of the patch to the skin over the back or shoulder. The patch activates on contact with the air and starts to warm up - it reaches optimal heat within approximately 30 minutes.
When removing after use or repositioning, slowly and carefully peel off the patch. Do not pick the heat patch surface to avoid the heat patch inner contents from spilling and damaging clothes/ skin.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use:
- On children 12 years and under.
- On red, inflammed, irritated, bruised or broken skin., on swollen or scarred skin or open wounds, on frostbitten skin or skin which cannot sense heat or cold sensation.
- With any creams, rubs, sprays or lotions applied to the skin.
- Near to other heat sources.
- Do not use heat patch whilst sleeping or during exercise.
- If you are bedridden or prone to skin ulcers.
- For more than 8 hours over the same area in a 24 hour period.
- If you have experienced allergic reactions to medicines or cosmetics or direct skin type patches in the past.
- Around the stomach area e.g. for period pain, irritable bowel syndrome pain or on any other area of the body other than the back or shoulder.
- Do not use the patch on clothes/ underwear which may be easil;y damaged by the adhesive (e.g. delicate fabrics)
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before using if:
- You have delicate skin or aging skin
- You have nerve damage, paralysis, reduced skin sensation or Multiple Sclerosis
- You have a skin condition
- You are pregnant.
- You have poor circulation or heart disease
- You have diabetes.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis.
- You think you have a sprain or strain injury
If misused, the heat patch can cause burns even at low temperatures.
Follow the instructions and monitor frequently.
Skin burns refers to symptoms of red skin/ spots or blisters caused when there is contact between the skin and an object with a higher temprature over a long period of time. Please note that skin burns may occur even if there is no actual burn sensation.
To prevent the risk of burns:
- Allow air to circulate over the heat patch and do not apply pressure, for example by lying or sitting on the patch or by applying tight clothing over the patch.
- Do not knead heat patch - heat is released within minutes.
- Check the heat patch application area every hoour by applying light pressure to the area for a few seconds. If you notice and discomfort such as itching or burning sensation or a rash develops, stop using the heat patch immediately and seek medical attention.
- If the heat patch becomes uncomfortably hot or a rash develops, discontinue use immediately.
- If you are elderly or have sensitive skin, apply adhesive side of the heat patch over clothing.
- Do not use on those unable to remove it themselves, such as infants/ children, the elderly or physically disabled.
- For external use only
- Do not cut, tear, or fold the heat patch.
- Do not allow the inner heating ingredients to get into eyes or to be swallowed. If the ingredients are ingested or in contact with eyes (do not rub), rinse with clean water and seek medical attention. If ingredients contact the body, rinse affected area and if a rash, pain, burn or itch develops, seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not bring heat patch into contact with water or other liquids.
- Do not microwave or try to re-heat the patch.
- Use only as directed
- The heat patch is air activated, do not open the sachet until you are ready to use it.
- If your pain gets worse or remains unchanged after 72 hours stop use and seek medical advice, as this could be a sign of a more serious condition.
- Each patch is for single use.
- It is normal to experience slight skin redness after removing the heat patch. If skin is still red after a few hours, seek medical advice
Iron, activated carbon, water.