Boots Antiviral Cold Sore Cream - 2g tube
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults & children
Active ingredients: Aciclovir 50mg
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Boots Pharmacueticals Antiviral Cold Sore Cream.
This pack contains 2 g of cream.
Adults and Children.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Wash your hands before and after using this cream.
Adults and Children: A thin layer on the affected area making sure the whole cold sore is covered. Use every 4 hours, 5 times a day, for 5 days.
If after 5 days the cold sore had not healed you can continue to apply the cream for a further 5 days if necessary.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you use this medicine:
Do not use:
- If you are allergic to aciclovir, valaciclovir or any of the ingredients in this medicine (see ingredients)
- To treat herpes infections (which may appear as ulcers or blisters) on your eye or in the genital area.
Apply only to the lips and face. Do not apply the cream to the inside of the mouth, the eyes or the inside the vagina as it may cause irritation.
Do not use more than the amount recommended above.
If your cold sore has not healed after 10 days stop using the cream and talk to your doctor.
If anyone accidentally swallows some of this medicine:
- Talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
Do not store above 25°C.
Do not freeze or refrigerate.
Keep this medicine in a safe place out of the sight and reach of children, preferably in a locked cupboard.
Use by the date on the end flap of the carton. Throw away any medicine left 6 weeks after you open the cream.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Active Ingredients: Each gram of cream contains Aciclovir 50mg
Also contains: PEG-5-glycerol-stearate, Dimeticone, Cetyl alcohol, Liquid paraffin, White soft paraffin, Propylene glycol and Purified water
Product available as part of a bundle offer