Blistex Cold Sore Cream - 2g
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over
Active ingredients: Docosanol
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Collect 18 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Blistex Cold Sore Cream is a clinically proven treatment for the early stages of recurrent cold sores on the lips. It contains docosanol which works differently to other treatments in the early stages of a cold sore.
Adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use
Directions for use - adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over:
At the first sign of a recurrent cold sore, apply to the affected area 5 times a day, at approximately 3 hourly intervals until healed, for a maximum of 10 days. Do not start treatment with cream at the stage of an already developed blister or ulcer.
Hazards and Cautions
Warning and precautions:
- Do not use if sensitive to docosanol or any of the other ingredients
- Do not use and consult your doctor if you have a weakened immune system
- For use on the skin only
- Avoid getting the cream into the eyes
- If symptoms do not improve after 10 days, or if they worsen, consult your doctor
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
Do not store above 25°C. Do not use after the expiry date shown on the tube and carton and use within 6 months of opening the tube.
This is a medicine;
• Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
• Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active ingredients: 1g cream contains 100mg (10%) docosanol.
Also contains: sucrose stearates, light mineral oil, propylene glycol (see leaflet for further information), benzyl alcohol, purified water.