Alphosyl 2-in-1 Medicated Shampoo - 250ml
See details below, always read the label.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 36 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo is used to treat scalp conditions such as psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis, eczema, itchiness and scaling due to these conditions and dandruff.
The active ingredient is alcoholic extract of coal tar which relieves itching and is an anti-scaling agent which helps breakdown keratin (part of the skin's structure).
Suitable for adults and children.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Patient Information Leaflets are updated periodically by the manufacturer.
This medicine is avaliable without prescription, but you still need to use Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo carefully to get the best results from it.
Children and adults: Use Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo once or twice a week for four weeks.
- Wet hair thoroughly.
- Use enough shampoo so that the lather is sufficent to cover your scalp and adjacent areas, if also affected.
- Massage the scalp and adjacent areas, if needed, well using your fingertips.
- Rinse your heair thoroughly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4.
- Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo should be in contact with your scalp for a total time of three to five minutes over the two applications.
If you forget to use Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo, just apply the next day instead.
Hazards and Cautions
If you use more Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo than recommended or use more often than recommended, you may be more likely to get skin irritation or skin sensitivity to sunlight.
For external use only.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if your symptoms persist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo can have side effects, but not everyone gets them.
Stop the treatment and contact your doctor immediately if you experience:
- Allergic reactions which may be severe such as raised and itchy skin rash (hives), swelling of the face or mouth or difficulty breathing.
Some of the below effects can also be symptoms of the condition you are treating. However, if you experience any of these effects for the first time after starting use, or if these effects worsen, stop using Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo and speak to your doctor or pharmacist:
- eye irritation
- unusual hair loss or thinning
- eczema (itchy skin rash)
- hair colour changes
- abnormal hair texture
- sensitivity to sunlight
- skin irritation, skin may be dry, red or itchy, you may feel a burning sensation of the skin
- skin pain, rash or swelling at the application site.
If you do get any side effects, even those not metioned above, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to coal tar or any of the toher ingredients (listed on the side if this carton).
- to treat infected, open or damaged skin.
- to treat sore or acute pustular psoriasis (skin redness covered by pus filled blisters).
Take special care with Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo:
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if your symptoms persist.
- Use with caution in children under 12 and only on advice from a dotor or pharmacist.
- Stop using the shampoo if your scalp becomes irritated.
- Do not get it in your eyes. If neccessary, rinse out with warm water.
- Can stain skin and clothes and in rare instances has casued temporary changes to hair colour. Skin stains will wear off after treatment is stopped.
- May cause sensitivity to sunlight. Avoid using sunlamps and spending a long time in the sun during use.
- If you accidentally swallow any shampoo, contact your doctor immediately.
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo if you are pregnant, thinking of becoming pregnant or are breast feeding. If you do breast-feed, ensure you wash-off all traces of shampoo.
If accidentally swallowed, seek immediate medical advice.
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use this medicine after 'EXP'date shown on the carton.
Contains parahydroxy benzoates which may cause allergic reactions, which could be delayed.
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or if you suffer from allergies.
Please see packaging
Keep out of the sight and reach of children
Alcoholic extract of coal tar 5% w/w
Active Ingredients: Alcoholic extract of coal tar 5% w/w
Other Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate, Herbal Fragrance 41, 423 Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose 2910, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride Patent Blue V (E 131), Propylhydroxbenzoate (E 216), Methyhydroxybenzoate (E218), Water.
Also contains a conditioner.