Your nursery checklist
Here’s every piece of kit you’ll need
Your little one will be here before you know it! We’re here with everything you need to create the perfect space for them to play, grow and sleep the night away. Read our handy guide to keep you and your baby happy (and you know it).
Help your bundle of joy drift off to dreamland and sleep soundly. These are the things you’ll need on your shopping list:
• A Moses basket, cot or bedside cot
• A new mattress – make sure it’s the right size (it should fit snuggly with no gaps down the sides), is waterproof, firm and flat, and carries the BSI number BS 1877-10:2011+A1:2012
• Three or four fitted sheets
• Two or three sleeping bags as an alternative option to blankets (0.5 tog to 3.5 tog, depending on room temperature/season)
• Three or four blankets
• A room thermometer
• A baby monitor
• A nightlight
• A musical mobile (not an essential, but some babies find them very soothing)
Psst! If you’re looking for luxury nursery furniture, check out this stylish room set, complete with cot, dresser and wardrobe.
With the right set up and supplies, you’ll find changing nappies a doddle. Here’s what you’ll need to make your changing station functional and baby-friendly:
• A changing table and a changing mat
• Cotton wool and a small bowl for water
• Nappies (as many as you can fit in your nursery – a new-born will need around 12 changes a day)
• Nappy sacks, a nappy bin or both
• As many muslins as possible!
Your little one will be feeding around the clock, so having a cosy and comfy space to enjoy your time together is a must. You’ll need things like:
• Six to eight bottles and teats
• A bottle warmer
• A bottle brush
• More muslins! (Honestly, you can never have enough)
And there you have it, a guide to the baby basics. It’s as easy as A, B, C!